Click Wheel iPod releases: Tiger Woods, Slyder, Real Soccer 2009
Three new games have been released for the fifth-generation iPod, iPod classic, third- and fourth-generation iPod nano. Electronic Arts has released Tiger Woods PGA Tour, a golfing simulation game. Users can choose to play as Tiger, other PGA Tour pros, or create their own golfer, using the Click Wheel to navigate through well-known courses such as Pebble Beach, collecting Trophy Balls for in-game achievements. The game offers two modes: practice and tournament, in addition to an isometric camera view for lining up shots, a top-down ball camera, and putting grid views.
Sandlot Games has released Slyder Adventures, a maze-style game starring the company’s spherical character Slyder. The game offers more than 150 levels across four worlds, both exploration and timed game modes, and more than 30 different items to collect. In addition, the game features an alternate accelerometer-based control scheme for users of the iPod nano 4G, and allows users to listen to music from their iPod during play.
Finally, Gameloft has released its Real Soccer 2009 sports title. Players can choose from more than 290 clubs and national teams in 10 different leagues, play in six different soccer stadiums, and select from five game modes, including national leagues and European Club Cup. In addition, the game features real-life players, realistic artificial intelligence, and easy-to-perform special moves. All three games are available now from the iTunes Store, and sell for $5 each.
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Apple releases iOS beta 5
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- iOS 8 beta 3 released to developers
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.2
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today