Coldplay solar-powered charger for iPod offered | iLounge News

Coldplay solar-powered charger for iPod offered

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, June 23, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageColdplay’s UK online store has added a branded version of the Better Energy Systems Solio solar-powered charger for the iPod (iLounge Rating: B+). The limited edition Solio features cryptic artwork from the band’s new album X&Y . The store said that only 200 are available for purchase worldwide at £79.99. The compact Solio, which weighs 5.8 ounces, features a unique fan blade design that allows it to “achieve maximum solar area when in use, and to fold compactly to the size of an average mobile phone when stored.”

« Mobifly debuts Clip & Walk case for iPod mini

European iTunes Music Stores top 50 million songs »

Comments

seems kinda pointless if you ask me
“hey jim! check out my limited edition solar ipod charger!”
big deal…

Posted by Nick on June 23, 2005 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

Sounds like Coldplay is going the way of U2.

Posted by Taphil on June 23, 2005 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

Taphil is right, both musically and commercially.

Posted by KBrew on June 23, 2005 at 1:12 PM (PDT)

Sometimes Colplay acts like U2 way too much.

Posted by michael on June 23, 2005 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

You guys have got to be kidding me! Coldplay is nothing like U2 but either way yes this is kind of a waste Unless you really enjoy the new album (like myself) and are just dying to get your hands on everything Coldplay.  That said, I am not a new convert to Coldplay, I’ve loved their music for a long time.  Now they just need to come out with a Dave Matthews Band case or something and I will be set!

Posted by tcamp1 on June 23, 2005 at 3:54 PM (PDT)

I was listening to the radio today and I thought a Coldplay song was a U2 song.

Posted by Dillon on June 23, 2005 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

A major iPod coolness de-enhancer.  Still, you could use white-out on the Coldplay branding. wink

Posted by RC on June 24, 2005 at 2:36 PM (PDT)