ColorWare to offer 5G iPods in custom colors | iLounge News

ColorWare to offer 5G iPods in custom colors

imageColorWare plans to offer the new fifth-generation iPod in a rainbow of custom painted colors with a scratch resistant coating. The company says the 5G iPods will be available in 23 standard colors and 460 color combinations with its “scratch resistant X2 coating.” ColorWare will sell the 30GB iPod for $365 and the 60GB model for $465. ColorWare currently sells custom painted iPod nanos and fourth-generation iPods, and also offers a service that lets you send in your iPod to have it colored in the hue of your choice for $64.

« Central Park Media offers anime video for new iPod

Windows: CopyPod Photo released »

Comments

Does it come in black?

(LOL AWESOEM!)

Posted by Bruce on October 24, 2005 at 8:26 AM (PDT)

i would like to see a review of this for the 5g ipods.  i can get the 5g from apple at the federal discounted rate, so i would buy one and then send it in to colorware.  if this “scratch-resistant” coating really works, perhaps it could be a substitute for a case or skins.

Posted by Kirk on October 24, 2005 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

i had my 4g 40gb ipod painted carbon. it didn’t come out anything like their photos on the site, but it was a quality job. didn’t use a case after i had it done and there wasn’t a single scratch on the surface! it’s way to expensive for what it is, but i was pleased with the durability of the work.

Posted by mdwsta4 on October 24, 2005 at 9:30 AM (PDT)

do they put a scratch proof clear coat on the screen as well?

Posted by jah on October 24, 2005 at 12:19 PM (PDT)

I love colorware’s ipod.  I did my 4g and have had nothing but complements!  Its an awesome way to show your personality.  It’s not a cheap spraypaint you can pick up at Home Depot, it’s a high-quality automotive type paint with some kind of pearl finish. I highly recommend it!

Posted by hyperactive in Houston on October 24, 2005 at 4:27 PM (PDT)

The colorware ipod looks so nice, but is the finish a gloss finish?

Posted by Angela on October 24, 2005 at 5:53 PM (PDT)

>>Its an awesome way to show your personality. <<

Quite unwittingly, you have fallen prey to precisely what the marketing mavens at aPPLE hoped would happen.  Anyone who needs to define themselves by a portable device is in dire need of intense self-discovery.

Posted by Contra on October 24, 2005 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

Contra, since you’re such an analytical genius, what can you tell me about what size iPod i choose? if i choose the 60gb ipod, am i making up for something? something small, perhaps? hmmm…

i guess i better get myself a shuffle.

Posted by not freud on October 25, 2005 at 1:01 AM (PDT)

i guess i better get myself a shuffle.

i better get myself the mobiBLU DAH-1500i

Posted by iJay on October 25, 2005 at 2:42 AM (PDT)

Has anyone tried their service to send in your own 5G iPod?  I got my iPod as a present before I realized that Colorware sold these.  I’ve emailed them about the quality of the coating for an iPod that has obviously been used and they assure me that their coating will fill in 99% of existing scratches and make my iPod look like new.  I want an opinion from an existing customer before I spend that much money on something that may not even restore my iPod to new condition.

Posted by pandamonium5885 on March 13, 2006 at 4:25 PM (PDT)

this is a great offer im glad to say ” can i have one please"thanks in white plz

Posted by james lawrence on January 16, 2007 at 9:54 AM (PDT)