Computing poll ends, iPod touch poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Which one of the following devices is your primary computer now?”—has ended. Readers could pick from Mac or PC desktops or laptops, as well as the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or some other device.
Mac laptops led the pack of responses, with 28 percent of readers saying they were on some model of MacBook. Somewhat surprisingly—and definitely indicative of the impact Apple’s tablet is having on the marketplace—26 percent of readers said the iPad was now their primary computer. 54 percent of those said the iPad has overtaken their Mac as their primary computer, 42 percent said the same of their PC, and roughly four percent said their iPad was their only computer. 17 percent said they primarily use a Mac desktop, 12 percent of people said they primarily use a PC laptop for their computing needs—the same percentage that said they primarily use a PC desktop—followed by three percent who said they use an iPhone or other smartphone, one percent who said they rely on an iPod touch, and one percent who said they rely on some other computing device. Only 15 readers said they didn’t own a computer. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the iPod touch. Given the increasing number of $200, 7-inch tablets on the market—most notably from Google and Amazon—we’d like to know what you think Apple should do with the iPod touch to stay competitive. Should it drop the price and improve the chips, do both, and enlarge the screen, or keep the same price, improve the chips, and radically increase the screen size to transform it into an iPad mini? Or should it discontinue it in favor of a $199, off-contract iPhone, or just leave it alone for (yet another) year? Our new poll—“What should Apple do with the iPod touch given competition from $200 7” tablets?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?