Computing poll ends, iPod touch poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Which one of the following devices is your primary computer now?”—has ended. Readers could pick from Mac or PC desktops or laptops, as well as the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or some other device.
Mac laptops led the pack of responses, with 28 percent of readers saying they were on some model of MacBook. Somewhat surprisingly—and definitely indicative of the impact Apple’s tablet is having on the marketplace—26 percent of readers said the iPad was now their primary computer. 54 percent of those said the iPad has overtaken their Mac as their primary computer, 42 percent said the same of their PC, and roughly four percent said their iPad was their only computer. 17 percent said they primarily use a Mac desktop, 12 percent of people said they primarily use a PC laptop for their computing needs—the same percentage that said they primarily use a PC desktop—followed by three percent who said they use an iPhone or other smartphone, one percent who said they rely on an iPod touch, and one percent who said they rely on some other computing device. Only 15 readers said they didn’t own a computer. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the iPod touch. Given the increasing number of $200, 7-inch tablets on the market—most notably from Google and Amazon—we’d like to know what you think Apple should do with the iPod touch to stay competitive. Should it drop the price and improve the chips, do both, and enlarge the screen, or keep the same price, improve the chips, and radically increase the screen size to transform it into an iPad mini? Or should it discontinue it in favor of a $199, off-contract iPhone, or just leave it alone for (yet another) year? Our new poll—“What should Apple do with the iPod touch given competition from $200 7” tablets?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?