ComScore: iPad appeals equally to iPhone OS, non-iPhone OS users
According to a new survey conducted by comScore, the iPad equals the Amazon Kindle in consumer awareness, and appeals equally to consumers who own an iPhone or iPod touch and those who don’t. The survey of 2,176 Internet users found that 65% were aware of the iPad, the same number who were aware of the Amazon Kindle, and the numbers of those seriously considering a purchase in the next three months were also similar between the two devices, at 15% and 14%, respectively. The same percentage—15%—of respondents who currently own an iPhone or iPod touch are seriously considering purchasing an iPad in the next three months, suggesting that a prior purchase of an iPhone OS device does not increase a consumer’s likelihood of purchasing an iPad. When questioned about which iPad features and activities they would be most likely to use if they owned a device, only 37% said book reading—compared with 28% who said they would be “unlikely” or “very unlikely” to read books on the device. Internet browsing was the most popular choice, with 50% of respondents saying they would be “likely” or “very likely” to surf on the iPad, followed by 48% for email, and 38% who indicated they would likely listen to music.
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Apple announces App Bundles, Previews, TestFlight
- Apple now accepting iOS 8 app submissions
- Apple releases iOS 8 GM seed to developers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels