ComScore: iPad appeals equally to iPhone OS, non-iPhone OS users
According to a new survey conducted by comScore, the iPad equals the Amazon Kindle in consumer awareness, and appeals equally to consumers who own an iPhone or iPod touch and those who don’t. The survey of 2,176 Internet users found that 65% were aware of the iPad, the same number who were aware of the Amazon Kindle, and the numbers of those seriously considering a purchase in the next three months were also similar between the two devices, at 15% and 14%, respectively. The same percentage—15%—of respondents who currently own an iPhone or iPod touch are seriously considering purchasing an iPad in the next three months, suggesting that a prior purchase of an iPhone OS device does not increase a consumer’s likelihood of purchasing an iPad. When questioned about which iPad features and activities they would be most likely to use if they owned a device, only 37% said book reading—compared with 28% who said they would be “unlikely” or “very unlikely” to read books on the device. Internet browsing was the most popular choice, with 50% of respondents saying they would be “likely” or “very likely” to surf on the iPad, followed by 48% for email, and 38% who indicated they would likely listen to music.
- Apple provides iPads to 114 schools through ConnectED program
- Rumors: ‘iPad Pro’ found in data logs, to enter production in coming months
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1, iTunes 12.2.2
- Apple increases iPad business focus, partners with 40+ companies
- El Capitan file hints at split-screen apps on iPad mini 4
- Report: iPhone 6S Force Touch to focus on shortcuts
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?