Contest: Design the new iPod, win Etymotic earphones
Will Apple unveil a newer, smaller, lower-capacity, flash based iPod (micro) this coming January? If newspaper and analyst accounts are to be believed, the answer is yes. But what would it look like? What would it be called? It’s your turn to speculate.
The winner has been announced
Entries must meet the following standards: they must be the entrant’s original work, comprised of 2D or 3D computer or hand-drawn art not previously submitted to iLounge, and must deal with an iPod meeting the following general concepts.
- The concept iPod must be physically smaller than current iPod mini models, including a smaller screen.
- It must not include non-musical features such as cellular phone or PDA functionality.
- It should not include a color screen.
- It must include a proposed product name. Be creative and thoughtful! You can (but are not obliged to) take the following factors into consideration, too.
- It may, but not must, consider that lower storage capacity may not require full iPod/iPod mini-style controls (particularly the Scroll Wheel/Click Wheel and the familiar iPod interface).
- It may, but not must, take into consideration possible cost-cutting measures involved in designing a smaller and cheaper iPod, including an all-plastic or all-metal body.
- It may, but not must, consider possible alternatives to just cloning and shrinking the iPod mini - would a lower-capacity (flash memory based) iPod be better suited to high-impact sports, military applications, or other demanding situations?
iLounge will select one top entry as the sole winner of the Etymotic ER-4P MicroPro earphones.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The Design the new iPod Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entry is December 31, 2004 at 11:59pm PT.
- All submissions become the property (intellectual and otherwise) of iLounge.
- One entry per person. Non-valid email addresses, duplicate or similar IP addresses, or duplicate or similar names will automatically void entry.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- All information submitted becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and identify the winners.
- The prize consists of (1) set of Etymotic ER-4P MicroPro earphones valued at $330.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced here.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other related rights you may have in any jurisdiction.
- Apple Q4 2016: $46.9B revenue, 45.5M iPhones + 9.2M iPads sold
- Apple reportedly hiring engineers from BlackBerry, developing car operating system in Canada
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Apple Pay launch in Japan encounters major problems
- Apple releases iOS 10.1, tvOS 10.0.1, watchOS 3.1
- New details about Apple Watch Nike+ exclusives, availability
- Apple’s website hints at possible Apple Pay launch in Germany
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet adds power monitoring, reduces price
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps