Contour debuts iSee nano V2 case | iLounge News

Contour debuts iSee nano V2 case

image

Contour Design has introduced the iSee nano V2, a new hard case for Apple’s second-generation iPod nano. The crystal clear case offers all-around protection and features a play-through Click Wheel cover, a removable, multi-position stainless steel belt clip, and Dock Connector/headphone jack plugs. Contour said the iSee nano V2 will be available the first week of November for $20.

« iRide glove box organizer for iPod introduced

Belkin announces TuneStage II, TuneCast 3 »

Comments

With the inherent scratch-resistance of the alluminum casing for the iPod nano, are cases really necessary?

Posted by Ted Wait on October 11, 2006 at 1:00 PM (PDT)

I love Contour cases because they have clean, flat backs, but this one has an ugly thing on the back that you attach a belt clip to. I really hope that this new style of belt clip does not find its way on to all of Contour’s cases.

Posted by K. Pilkington on October 11, 2006 at 1:54 PM (PDT)

This case is currently at the top of the list to protect my new nano. However, I’m holding off for a few more weeks to see what other companies offer. The original iSee nano caused the problematic “wet spot” issue and I wonder if this one will do the same.

And Ted, yes I think cases are still a necessity to protect the screen and to protect the iPod in case it’s dropped. Also, some people absolutely need a belt clip. I’m one of them as I’m always moving around at work and need to have my hands free.

Posted by Railrider on October 11, 2006 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

Uh…“wet spot” issue?  Exactly what are you doing with a nano to have a “wet spot” issue?

Posted by Anonymous on October 11, 2006 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

The “wet spot” (yeah, ha ha) issue is caused by the screen making contact with the plastic case. It actually looks like a small bit of water somehow got between the two surfaces and it’s totally annoying. What’s worse, it’s completely random. Some people get large spots and others get small ones.

Posted by Railrider on October 11, 2006 at 7:41 PM (PDT)

K. Pilkington, i agree with you about the belt clip attachment. i never use belt clips for my iPod, and i will not buy another Contour case if they have this kind of belt clip. It ruins the entire look of the back of the case and lets in dust and grit. I have always been a fan of Contour Design, and bought 4 cases from them, but thay ends now.

Posted by tom on October 12, 2006 at 9:39 AM (PDT)

Woops, I ment ‘that ends now.’

Posted by tom on October 12, 2006 at 9:42 AM (PDT)