Contour Design launches Showcase | iLounge News

Contour Design launches Showcase

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, October 6, 2003
News Categories:

picContour Design has announced the Showcase iPod case on its website. The new Showcase fits all 3G iPods and features a hard plastic case, clear plastic front lid, integrated shock-absorbing rubber interior, access to all iPod functions, and a removable horizontally mounted belt clip. Contour Design expects the Showcase to ship on October 20 and pre-ordering is now available for $39.95.

« Incase Designs releases Folio for 3G iPods

Fred Durst Woos Halle Berry with iPod »

Comments

YES I have waited some time for this thing grin I love it *orders*

Posted by knarf135 on October 7, 2003 at 3:43 PM (PDT)

These guys spammed me.

They must have found my email address through this board. For this reason alone, I won’t buy anything from them.

Posted by sse on October 7, 2003 at 5:37 PM (PDT)

They sent me a notice, but only because I requested email notification of the “new iSee” case a few weeks ago.  I bet you did too.  wink

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on October 7, 2003 at 5:49 PM (PDT)

I just made my case from bubble-wraps, cheap, replacable and very protective ;o)

Posted by why pay money on October 7, 2003 at 6:25 PM (PDT)

check out the BOOQ ipod case @ http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=58

This is by far the best case that I have seen for the iPod.

Posted by won*G on October 7, 2003 at 7:58 PM (PDT)

Steer clear of the Booq case. I have had absolutley nothing but trouble with it. I’ve gone through 2 clips for the back and you cant use the case without the lid as advertised because the case is so loose fitting that the pod falls out!

Posted by saleshark on October 7, 2003 at 10:49 PM (PDT)

So, do you have to remove the case to dock the iPod?  That would sort of suck. Nice design though.

Posted by jcs on October 8, 2003 at 3:42 AM (PDT)

Once concern that I have is that the scroll wheel and buttons remain exposed. It would be nice (though I don’t know how possible) to have the option of having the case completely closed, like the Armor.

Still the best looking case yet, though the Armor still has a place.

Posted by Brazuca on October 8, 2003 at 4:04 AM (PDT)

It would be nice if they would offer some kind of Preorder discount. Almost 10.00 for basic shipping?!?!? Is the CEO on Contour hand delivering it to my door? Methinks there may be a wee bit of price gouging on the shipping…..Beautiful case, but sheesh…

Posted by Batboy on October 8, 2003 at 6:18 AM (PDT)

You thats bad, iTrip is shipping for $22. GOD!

Posted by Yuri on October 8, 2003 at 7:52 AM (PDT)

Any1 knows about the size of this?
When I saw images, it seems to be bulky..

Posted by ken on October 8, 2003 at 9:11 AM (PDT)

I love it immediately! I just had to pre-order it right away—this is just the type of case I’ve been waiting for.

My only tiny concern is that the case-locking-tab-mechanism might get caught on something and pop open while working out at the gym or something; however, I will have to just see for myself.

Posted by lukester on October 8, 2003 at 12:13 PM (PDT)

Yeah, I was wondering about the latching mechanism. It’s a bit bulkier and may catch on stuff. I loved the iSee for my original ipod, and would love something just as simple yet functional for my new 40g.

Posted by morgan on October 9, 2003 at 3:03 AM (PDT)

I am just happy to find a horizontal case.  Anyone else know of any others? The locking mechanism is definitely a concern though.

Looks Great!

Posted by mrfresh on October 9, 2003 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

well i won’t be ordering this for a while.  It looks like it could be cool, but so did the isee case, and it scratched the hairy hell out of my gen 2 20 gig.  That ipod just got stolen and i am going to look long and hard at a good case for my new 40 gigbaby. initially i bought teh sport convertible, whatever that the apple store sells, it blows… in every way.

Posted by h00ligan on October 9, 2003 at 7:09 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2