Contour Design releases iSee-20 hardcase | iLounge News

Contour Design releases iSee-20 hardcase

picContour Design has released the new iSee-20 hardcase for 4G 20GB iPods. The iSee-20 features a clear, hard plastic shell, removable belt clip and access to all iPod functions. There is also a dock port cover for the dock connector and security latches on each side to seal in the iPod. The iSee-20 retails for $19.99 and the iSee-40 for 4G 40GB iPods is coming soon.

« Terforma debuts iSleeve mini

Older iTunes versions denied iTMS access »

Comments

I had the first iSee for my 20gb scroll wheel, and it was grand. I was sad when I got my 3g that they didn’t do the isee anymore, they had the showcase instead.  I love the showcase, i have a black one for my 4g, but, i like this isee better, and its cheaper then the showcase, too bad i already spent the monies.

Posted by arrggg on October 21, 2004 at 1:37 PM (PDT)

Crap - I already bought the Showcase too. It’s super rugged, but the rubberized body doesn’t slide into my pocket - this would be great… Wonder if they’ll let me exchange?

Posted by Chris High on October 21, 2004 at 1:46 PM (PDT)

too bad they don’t offer one for the 3G - 20gb.  I would buy this in a heartbeat.  Don’t like the fact that you have to use an insert on the Showcase.

Posted by sweetlu on October 21, 2004 at 2:06 PM (PDT)

I’d worry about grit between the case and Pod. A soft-lined hard case sounds better to me.

This one looks nice though smile

Posted by Nagromme on October 21, 2004 at 2:50 PM (PDT)

Fixes all things I don’t like about the showcase… Too bad I already bought the showcase. Maybe I will get this too.

Posted by jbaker12 on October 21, 2004 at 2:55 PM (PDT)

FINALLY!!!

A contour case for my itrip!

Yay!!!!

I’m buying this sucker when it comes out for the 40GB.

Posted by ajservo on October 21, 2004 at 3:41 PM (PDT)

Finally!! I LOVE my Showcase, so this one has to be good!

Just ordered one, and will be selling my Showcase on eBay if i like the iSee as much as the Showcase.

Great company, can’t wait till it arrives!!

Posted by MBHockey on October 21, 2004 at 4:25 PM (PDT)

..that looks great….
i was considering the showcase for my 40GB.
but the iSee look even better!

i’m sure it’s a great product…
however a review would be much appreciated

thanks!

grin

Posted by antibiotics on October 21, 2004 at 5:20 PM (PDT)

Sweet!

Posted by Hammrtime on October 21, 2004 at 6:07 PM (PDT)

Seriously, that’s all I want in a case for my 3G 20gig. It’s a shame that they don’t make it.

Posted by Awesome-O on October 21, 2004 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

grrr… I’ve been waiting for them to do one of these for the 3G 30gig!

Posted by miss dout on October 22, 2004 at 12:53 AM (PDT)

This looks so sweet, but the rubber protection on the Showcase seems better.

I also like the way the Showcase “hides” the ports better… the iSee looks great, but the top is a bit too exposed.

Posted by mflat5 in USA on October 22, 2004 at 4:52 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know how much width this adds, or rather will add to the 40GB?

It looks great for my purposes, but I have a PDA mount with adjustable arms in my car that’s not too much wider than the uncased iPod already.

Posted by Kate Nepveu on October 22, 2004 at 7:29 AM (PDT)

But will this fit in my Rock Dock?

Posted by Zachary on October 22, 2004 at 8:38 AM (PDT)

I have a showcase for my 20GB I am going to buy this too. Great deal for 20 bucks. I am going to use both cases like the showcase too.
Kick ### guys.

Most people don’t take back product usually. I am mean it’s like buying computers a couple of weeks before they fall in price again. New stuff always comes out. I’d just buy the new case it’s only 20 bucks….

You guys all rock on ipodlounge.com!

Posted by billy202 on October 22, 2004 at 9:17 AM (PDT)

now why can’t they make a case like this for the mini. I bought the skin mini and returned it - whats the point of hiding the mini’s look and then I bought the speck flipstand which is just hideous looking and cracked within two days.
then I went and bought the agent 18 case which is not bad but when it accidently fell it did not protect the edges of the mini. sorry I am ranting but I wish contour would make one for the mini. I have their original iSee but then I gave that and the old iPod to my brother ............come on Contour give me an iSee case for the mini iPod

Posted by jlo11 on October 22, 2004 at 9:29 AM (PDT)

I called Contour to find more info about the iSee 20 earlier today. It is really cool how the clip snaps onto the case! I also asked about an ipod mini case for my daughters mini… Off the record, yeah right! Contour told me to look out for something early next week. Hmm… wink

Posted by Raquel on October 22, 2004 at 11:09 AM (PDT)

jlo11: This case is pretty much like the iSee but for the Mini:

Posted by br- on October 23, 2004 at 4:18 AM (PDT)

anyone know where to get it for shipping to europe?

Posted by xtrem on October 23, 2004 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

For shipping or ordering check out the “store” link on their website.

here is the direct link:
you might find a Reseller/Distributor in your country…

i found one (for myself in Australia) only for the showcase tho…

i think i agree with mflat5 ...
shall i get the iSee or theshowcase…hmmm
....still considering which one i’m gonna get….both are great…

Posted by antibiotics on October 23, 2004 at 5:26 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >