Contour Design releases Showcase 4G | iLounge News

Contour Design releases Showcase 4G

picThe Showcase 4G fits all Click Wheel iPods from Apple and HP and features an impact resistant plastic shell with an articulating, snap lock closure, built-in screen protection, Click Wheel access, top and bottom openings providing access to connectors, headphone jack and hold switch and a detachable belt clip. The Showcase 4G costs $32.95 and comes in black or white.

« 3G iPod Battery Replacement for $22.99

Monster releases iAir Charger for iPod »

Comments

lib a law timmmmah (thats a sweet case)

Posted by Timmmah on September 2, 2004 at 11:42 AM (CDT)

I can’t really comment on whether that’s a cool case or not… I can’t see anything other than smallish pictures of the front.  They should get a photo gallery of some sort up.

—Stryfe

Posted by Stryfe in South Bend, IN on September 2, 2004 at 11:50 AM (CDT)

Neat - a glorified Altoids box!

Posted by Ape on September 2, 2004 at 12:39 PM (CDT)

honestly can’t tell how you access the front controls from the photos…

the site’s not very informative (except the Buy Now! part)...

Posted by mvague on September 2, 2004 at 12:56 PM (CDT)

My guess is that it is identical to the 3g model with the exception of not having 4 holes for the 3g buttons on the face.
T.

Posted by tech on September 2, 2004 at 1:09 PM (CDT)

oooo I just ordered mine!  I almost passed up on ordering the 4G until this case was ready (probably should have, since my first 2 4G Ipods had the audio defect!)  The 3G version of this case was wonderful—I’m sure the 4G is too!  Durable, cool-looking, dead easy to get the ‘Pod in and out, great belt clip system (that is actually made by the same manufacturer as the case—unlike many other cases) and horizontally mounted, so it is easy to work out, sit, etc., while wearing the case.  Can’t wait to get the new one!

Posted by random person on September 2, 2004 at 3:39 PM (CDT)

please make a 20 gb case

Posted by snap on September 2, 2004 at 3:57 PM (CDT)

Great Case!!! I ordered 2
The front has a cutout for the Click Wheel so it can be used without opening. I had a 3G with this case and nothing comes close.

Posted by Arakiss on September 2, 2004 at 5:57 PM (CDT)

i own one for the 3rd generation.  greatest investment i’ve made.  i will however caution people who by one about the edges in the case that can scratch the iPod if it’s not placed inside carefully.  that was my only problem with the case.  but once inside it’s like the iPod put on superman’s suit, indestructable.  i will say that the scratches are small and nothing a little buffing won’t do away with.  to snap, the 40G case should work with the 20G iPod, there’s just a piece of foam that goes in with the iPod to compensate the thickness.  and i totall agree with stryfe…this site needs a gallery for the pictures cause i’m getting sice of looking at small photos.

Posted by brian on September 2, 2004 at 7:49 PM (CDT)

I ordered mine as soon as I received the email announcement from Contour. I have two of the 3G cases and love them.

Shortly after my new order was placed I received an email stating that the black case, which I had ordered, would be ready to ship on the 13th. I could change my order to white and it would ship immediately.

So it appears that we have to wait a bit for the black case. So be it… it’s worth the wait! :)

Posted by Rich in Rhode Island, USA on September 2, 2004 at 8:53 PM (CDT)

I had the 3G ones too, and while my latch lasted the 10+ months I had it (when it first came out in Oz), a friend of mine brock the latch after opening and closing it too many times, and when he told me I checked mine and I can see the hairline crack appearing.

It is a great case if you want it to last only a year, nothing more… and I’d recommend black over white as it got drity pretty quickly.

Also it does add bulk but not too much - just so you know.

Posted by voodoo on September 2, 2004 at 11:43 PM (CDT)

Hi , does this contour case itrip friendly? i mean Can i use the itrip with the case on?

Posted by timethinker in philippines on September 3, 2004 at 1:51 AM (CDT)

also choosing between the iskin evo 2 & contour case which is better?has anyone of you tried these 2 cases?how do they compare?i am still contemplating which case to buy your inputs will be highly appreciated .

Posted by timethinker in philippines on September 3, 2004 at 1:57 AM (CDT)

Contour is a high class product in comparison to iSkin.

That also means you pay more with Contour, but not too much.

To me i see iSkin as ‘fun’ kiddy product. Yeah silicon is great and everything but, come on. GLOW IN THE DARK! YAY!

Pffft..

Posted by To Above on September 3, 2004 at 2:02 AM (CDT)

The white cases get dirty very quickly.

Posted by loGan on September 3, 2004 at 5:50 AM (CDT)

I have a showcase for my 3rd gen iPod.  It works fairly well.  It does tend to scratch the screen a little despite the pads inside the case.  Also the belt clip for the case is just thin plastic.  The first clip broke and (I give them credit) they replaced it with no hassel and free of charge.  But the replacement clip just broke.

Posted by zb on September 3, 2004 at 6:06 AM (CDT)

Love my Contour Showcase! If I had a 4th gen iPod I’d get another one. Despite what some other posters have mentioned, I haven’t had any problem with the case scratching my iPod, nor have I had any problems with the latch. Highly recommend this case!

Posted by AndyH in Berwyn, PA on September 3, 2004 at 6:24 AM (CDT)

where can we order this from if we live in the uk?

Posted by giles on September 3, 2004 at 10:51 AM (CDT)

My 2nd gen iPod and Contour case (the one with the sliding front panel) are still in good condition after nearly two years of heavy use. When I upgrade to the 4th gen ‘Pod, I’ll definitely buy another Contour.

Posted by Chimpee on September 3, 2004 at 1:12 PM (CDT)

For those who ordered..how much is shipping (in US)????

Thanks,,,

Posted by poddly on September 3, 2004 at 2:00 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >