Contour Design releases Showcase 4G | iLounge News

Contour Design releases Showcase 4G

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, September 2, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picThe Showcase 4G fits all Click Wheel iPods from Apple and HP and features an impact resistant plastic shell with an articulating, snap lock closure, built-in screen protection, Click Wheel access, top and bottom openings providing access to connectors, headphone jack and hold switch and a detachable belt clip. The Showcase 4G costs $32.95 and comes in black or white.

« 3G iPod Battery Replacement for $22.99

Monster releases iAir Charger for iPod »

Comments

$ 5.21

Posted by phil on September 3, 2004 at 11:28 AM (PDT)

Thanks!

Posted by poddly on September 3, 2004 at 1:25 PM (PDT)

Does the top allow for you to use the iTrip when it’s closed?

I was disappointed to find my iPod Armor had a plastic section along the top which prevented me from popping it down all the way into the headphone jack.

Posted by John on September 3, 2004 at 6:01 PM (PDT)

I owned a Contour Showcase with my old 3G and I was immensely pleased with it. No scratches whatsoever, anywhere. When I sold it after several months of use, in order to buy a 4G model, the buyer was amazed at how absolutely new the iPod looked. All thanks to the Showcase. Today, after learning that they finally have one out for the 4G, I ordered one without waiting a moment.

I opened and closed the clasp a great deal, but it never came close to breaking. All I would say is that it will loosen over time, and be easier to unclasp, but there is no way it would do so on its own. The Showcase is not the tiniest case around, nor the flashiest, nor the most shock-resistant. But it’s the perfect balance of all things: impact resistance, good looks, faithfulness to iPod style, compactness, and sturdiness.

Posted by Amit on September 3, 2004 at 7:52 PM (PDT)

Anyone know where to get it shipped to Europe?

Posted by Mike on September 6, 2004 at 5:50 AM (PDT)

SHOWCASE 4g! yay! lol not that long a wait… absolutely loved my 3rd gen case, however I wanna reiterate, if u put it in ur pocket, (which is fine with this case) the white gets kinda grubby, definetly getting a black case this time, replaced my 3rd gen with best buy for a 4g ipod, ““Voucher”” should come tomorro! order this tonght!

Posted by iTux on September 6, 2004 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

If the new contour is styled like the 3g ones, it will NOT support the itrip out of the case.  This sucks, since I will have to buy a cheap rubber skin instead since most of those have no top or convertible tops.

If anyone has ideas on quick and easy removal of the top of a contour with minimal invasiveness, let us know…

Posted by ajservo on September 6, 2004 at 5:10 PM (PDT)

Got an honest, timely response from Contour customer rep. telling me that the Showcase will NOT support the iTrip, unfortunately.

Props to Contour for the quick, honest answer though.

Posted by John on September 7, 2004 at 11:46 AM (PDT)

Just got mine today! What a nice case! After ordering the Marware sportsuit convertable…and then returning it(I thought it was to bulky and didn’t like how the IPOD fit in it) I am very satisfied with this case!

Posted by BigLeu on September 8, 2004 at 9:12 AM (PDT)

I just received a showcase for my 4G 40GB Ipod. The case is AMAZING! It is everything I had been looking for in a case. The case does not take away from the looks of the Ipod. The overall functionality, design, and durability makes this case a winner. Highly reccomended.

John

Posted by John J on September 8, 2004 at 12:43 PM (PDT)

Fantastic! These are THE best iPod cases, bar none. I purchased one at MWSF, and loved it. When they released a black one, I bought one for all my iPods. I’ve even been using the 3G ones for my 4G iPods.

Get a black one - it is the best and coolest case available.

Posted by Diomedes on September 9, 2004 at 1:37 PM (PDT)

Unfortunately, the new case is not iTrip friendly.  Other than that, it’s a cool case.

Posted by tygerbunny on September 10, 2004 at 5:48 AM (PDT)

I read in a thread on the forums about the contour case, that they are soon going to release a version of the case that is iTrip friendly, for all who care. i dont know about the validity of this, but check it out.

Posted by Dave on September 17, 2004 at 5:46 PM (PDT)

i just got the 20g ipod the other day.
tis a cool thing. took a trip to chicago over the weekend and found out how badly i needed a case for the ipod. the itrip fm transmitter worked wonderfully, but needed to protect the front. this case is pretty great for that. i have friends that have the rubberized cases and their screens are all scratched. this isn’t too bulky either. only problem is that you can’t use any top attachments while in the case. the plastic is too thick to allow itrip or any other attachment to connect. hope this helps with any of your choices.

Posted by ipod user on September 29, 2004 at 12:34 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2