Contour Design Showcase Now Shipping | iLounge News

Contour Design Showcase Now Shipping

We contacted Contour Design and Managing Director Chris Charyk said, “Contour Design will begin shipping of its new Showcase on Wednesday” with limited shipping starting today. The new $40 Showcase fits all 3G iPods and features a hard plastic case, clear plastic front lid, integrated shock-absorbing rubber interior, access to all iPod functions, and a removable horizontally mounted belt clip.

« Black Eyed Peas ‘Hey Mama’ Heats Up New iPod Ad Campaign

Update: Take your iPod for a swim »

Comments

Again that clip looks very weak.
Good thing Vaja is now available in Europe =)

Posted by Chris Matchett on November 4, 2003 at 1:40 PM (CST)

Aren’t these cases a bit much?
Does one really need this level of protection?
What’s next?

iSafe

Posted by mcdj on November 4, 2003 at 2:23 PM (CST)

That’s funny! The isafe, does it come in any other colors? lol.

Posted by revmike in hanford, ca on November 4, 2003 at 3:12 PM (CST)

Just what we need, another iPod case. Hey case manufacturers, how about coming up with something useful and not these me too sleeves?

I would like a nice case that could hold my iPod, PDA and maybe even my phone. Something leather, maybe like a day tmer sort of thing. I can’t be the only person who could use something like this.

Posted by rdowns in NYC on November 5, 2003 at 4:39 AM (CST)

To me that looks like the perfect solution for my needs, strong enough to bung in a bag travelling with a bunch of other kit and not worry about it getting crushed. Good looking, retains the IPOD look and the sideways belt clip makes perfect sense as well. Good job, I want one.

The only problem is how do I buy one in the UK? Any retailers in England stocking these things?

Posted by loGan on November 5, 2003 at 5:41 AM (CST)

This case actually looks pretty decent. Too bad I already have my Vaja.

Posted by Chad on November 5, 2003 at 8:58 AM (CST)

I wonder if the Griffin FM transmitter will work with the iPod in this case?

Posted by Mike on November 6, 2003 at 11:11 AM (CST)