Contour Design Showcase Now Shipping | iLounge News

Contour Design Showcase Now Shipping

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, November 4, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

We contacted Contour Design and Managing Director Chris Charyk said, “Contour Design will begin shipping of its new Showcase on Wednesday” with limited shipping starting today. The new $40 Showcase fits all 3G iPods and features a hard plastic case, clear plastic front lid, integrated shock-absorbing rubber interior, access to all iPod functions, and a removable horizontally mounted belt clip.

« Black Eyed Peas ‘Hey Mama’ Heats Up New iPod Ad Campaign

Update: Take your iPod for a swim »

Comments

Again that clip looks very weak.
Good thing Vaja is now available in Europe =)

Posted by Chris Matchett on November 4, 2003 at 11:40 AM (PDT)

Aren’t these cases a bit much?
Does one really need this level of protection?
What’s next?

iSafe

Posted by mcdj on November 4, 2003 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

That’s funny! The isafe, does it come in any other colors? lol.

Posted by revmike in hanford, ca on November 4, 2003 at 1:12 PM (PDT)

Just what we need, another iPod case. Hey case manufacturers, how about coming up with something useful and not these me too sleeves?

I would like a nice case that could hold my iPod, PDA and maybe even my phone. Something leather, maybe like a day tmer sort of thing. I can’t be the only person who could use something like this.

Posted by rdowns in NYC on November 5, 2003 at 2:39 AM (PDT)

To me that looks like the perfect solution for my needs, strong enough to bung in a bag travelling with a bunch of other kit and not worry about it getting crushed. Good looking, retains the IPOD look and the sideways belt clip makes perfect sense as well. Good job, I want one.

The only problem is how do I buy one in the UK? Any retailers in England stocking these things?

Posted by loGan on November 5, 2003 at 3:41 AM (PDT)

This case actually looks pretty decent. Too bad I already have my Vaja.

Posted by Chad on November 5, 2003 at 6:58 AM (PDT)

I wonder if the Griffin FM transmitter will work with the iPod in this case?

Posted by Mike on November 6, 2003 at 9:11 AM (PDT)