Contour Design unveils iSee for iPhone | iLounge News

Contour Design unveils iSee for iPhone

image

Contour Design has announced the release of its iSee for iPhone. The clear case offers protection for the iPhone while maintaining the device’s aesthetic. The case also offers easy insertion and removal of the phone, full access to all control surfaces, and also includes a holster that can hold the iPhone face in or out, in both horizontal and vertical positions. The iSee for iPhone will be available the last week of June, and will sell for $30.

« Apple upgrades iPhone battery, adds anti-scratch glass

Apple Bluetooth Headset earns FCC approval »

Comments

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!  I LUV IT

Posted by C E on June 16, 2007 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

This is definitely the case to get for the iPhone.  Of all the many many MANY others I’ve seen so far, this is the only one I’d even consider.

Posted by iScott on June 16, 2007 at 12:49 PM (PDT)

If I were in the market for an iPhone (I’m not), this would be the case to avoid, unless you want to spend $30 every few weeks. Or find a clear protector for the case itself.

If they haven’t modified their plastic formulation from their earlier clear cases, it’ll likely scratch just as easily as their clear nano and iPod cases. It’s bad enough when it happens on a nano case, but it’s not great at all for an iPhone, considering how large the LCD is on the phone. My nano iSee lasted barely six weeks before I had to replace it; the area over the LCD was scuffed so badly that even with the backlight on it was hard to read. I know these things are supposed to be the sacrificial consumable, but $25 every six weeks is ridiculous.

DLO does clear plastic as well, but their more recent products seem to hold up better than the past iSee drivel we’ve used.

Posted by flatline response on June 16, 2007 at 2:52 PM (PDT)

I agree with your past experience flatline, however this case does not cover the LCD and has very minimal coverage on the front at all so scratches becoming so bad that you would not be able to see the display is a mute point here.

I agree this is by far the best looking case out there, still waiting for the ‘executive clam shell’ case mentioned in the iPod Book earlier this month.

Posted by iPoder on June 16, 2007 at 4:13 PM (PDT)

But why does every apple product have a need for a case?  Seems like every device they need requires a case to keep from being scuffed to the point where you can’t see the screen anymore.  I know other manufacturers (mp3 and phone) use scratch resistant materials, why not Apple?  A case just adds extra bulk.

Posted by jeff on June 17, 2007 at 9:49 AM (PDT)

Every Apple product creates a thriving ecosystem of accessories. These accessories - such as cases - creates enthusiasm and lust for Apple’s products.

The accessory ecosystem is a large component of Apple’s success.

People love to accessorize because they love individuality.  They love to customize their products to show their individuality.

Other manufacturers products do scratch - even if they use scratch-resistant materials.

However, no other manufacturer has a thriving accessory ecosystem like Apple’s.  This accessory ecosystem makes Apple’s products entrenched and hard to dislodge.

No matter how other manufacturers - such as Sony, Microsoft, iRiver, and Creative - try to compete against Apple, people don’t get as excited over them because they have hardly any product specific accessories.

Posted by James Katt on June 17, 2007 at 8:31 PM (PDT)

I got it. I got it. I got it. I got my iphone…and yes, I got the contour case too. Its the only clear one in the store and its cool. The packaging is soooooooo apple. Everything else looks cheesy. This phone is cool..although its not activate yet..lol. So I keep playing with the phone and the case.

Posted by I got a phone on June 29, 2007 at 4:11 PM (PDT)

This thing is horrible. I had it for few months and it made scratches on my iphone. The scratches was done on the inside of the casing. I suspect that small debris somehow got underneath the case and made zigzag lines scratches. The odd thing is that the scratch is long which means that there should have been significant movement of the iphone in the case. BUT HOW?? The case seems to hold the phone reasonably secure to prevent movement. The design of the case is not TIGHT enough to prevent dust or small particles to get in the case. I HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND THIS CASE!!

Posted by Jason on December 19, 2007 at 11:14 AM (PDT)

I have a black contour case and I love it. After reading these posts I opened it up to look for scratches and there were none. If you have scratches on the inside of the case you likely did not get all the possible grit off your phone or the inside of the case before you put it together. I have had no problems.

Posted by Jessica on February 3, 2009 at 12:54 PM (PDT)