Contour offers iSee-video case for 5G iPods | iLounge News

Contour offers iSee-video case for 5G iPods

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, December 13, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

Contour Design has announced its iSee-video case for fifth-generation iPods. Made from impact-resistant polycarbonate, the crystal clear iPod case offers all-around protection and access to all controls and ports. It sports a slim and secure snap-on design and comes with a detachable horizontal belt clip. “In addition to being the ultimate in protection, the new iSee-video features unobstructed viewing in a slim-line snap-on design case,” says the company. “The iSee-video cases bring the beauty and simplicity of Contour’s iSee line to the iPod with video.” The iSee-video comes in two models—one for the 30GB iPod and one for the 60GB version. It sells for $26. We are awaiting photos of the product, as Contour’s website has yet to be updated.

« iStore offers iCandy cases for 5G iPod, nano

Analyst: iPod to retain lead ‘for years’ »

Comments

I wonder if it’s identical to the nano version

Posted by Jonathan Keim on December 13, 2005 at 7:53 PM (PDT)

It looks like the only difference is the 4 little circles on the back.

Please post a review of this soon. And there hasn’t been apodcast in a while.

Posted by dannycohen62 on December 13, 2005 at 8:26 PM (PDT)

just ordered one- really like the contour products - like the iSee for the nano although it’s a bit hard to brak apart to get it out…

Posted by Glen in fort lauderdale on December 13, 2005 at 8:49 PM (PDT)

it’s on their website now…

Posted by Glen in fort lauderdale on December 13, 2005 at 8:53 PM (PDT)

This looks nice, but I’m really waiting for a Showcase type case for the iPod video.

Posted by Hrothgar on December 14, 2005 at 12:06 AM (PDT)

Hey Hrothgar,
  I am just curious, what is a “showcase” case…?

Posted by Dan on December 14, 2005 at 7:16 AM (PDT)

Dave: Check out the Showcase and Showcase Sport for the 4G iPods on Contour’s web site (http://www.contourcase.com) and you’ll see the difference.

Posted by Hrothgar on December 14, 2005 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

Do you guys think iSee or Microshied by XtremeMac is better:

Has anyone owned something by both companies to do a fair comparison? Thanks!

Posted by Lisa on December 14, 2005 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

I really love Contour’s Showcase for earlier iPods…but I really disliked the iSee nano because of a watery distortion effect that appears due to the plastic of the case touching the nano too firmly. Many others have reported this problem on the ilounge boards, so I would check to see whether this problem is fixed with the 5G case.

Personally, the currently available Agent 18 case for the 5G looks just as good, and I can attest to it not having any distortion on my 5G.

Posted by taffinito on December 14, 2005 at 10:34 PM (PDT)

I had a iSee for my 4G iPod before it was stolen.  Despite my reservations about the plastic condoms for it I loved that case:  it was sturdy, withstood scratches and abuse well, and had a strong reversible belt clip.  It is the clip system that sold me before and has again compared to the other clear polycarbonate competitors, who either offer a pithy clip or no clip at all.

Posted by Jifry on December 15, 2005 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

I just went from the 4G iPod to the 5G and I had the 4G iSee and I second Jifry’s comments about the belt clip.  The belt clip is sturdy and comes off completely and easily, leaving a smooth case to slip into your pockets.  I use the clip to clip to a small post in my car and I can take it off the post in less than a second and with one hand, leaving just the iSee case to take out and about.

Posted by Lancelot on December 15, 2005 at 10:19 PM (PDT)

I just bought the iSee video. It’s a perfect fit for the ipod video and i’m very glad i bought it. there is no screen distortion and i like the fact that there’s no nub on the back for the belt clip, just some notches on the side.

Posted by ac on December 21, 2005 at 10:29 AM (PDT)

I was going to order the Agent 18 because I like that type but after seeing myself how frosted it is, and me having a black iPod, I really didnt like it, Contour is the perfect answer for anyone who has a black ipod and wants that Agent 18 style case.

Posted by Starbucks on January 5, 2006 at 9:02 AM (PDT)

How do you take the case off?  I just bought it and stupid me forgot to wipe off fingerprints and such before putting the case on.  Can someone please tell me an easy way to take the case off.

Posted by someone on January 14, 2006 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

in response to someone’s difficulty in taking off the case: a user has found an easy way to pull apart the plastic in the comments here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/comments/contour-design-isee-video-for-5g-ipods-ipod/

Posted by dropbombsnotbush on February 10, 2006 at 11:06 PM (PDT)

I just bought one of these today, and I like the look of it. It keeps the ‘look’ and clean lines of the iPod etc. I also am having trouble getting the thing open to get it out again. I followed the link in the reply above but I can’t see any advice about opening it?

ps, I thought I read somewhere it was better for the battery if the iPod was changed without a cover? If so, it’s going to be hard taking this thing off all the time.

Posted by da5id on December 19, 2006 at 9:40 PM (PDT)