Creative announces all white I-Trigue speakers | iLounge News

Creative announces all white I-Trigue speakers

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, July 21, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic Creative has released an all white I-Trigue 2.1 i3350 80 watt speaker system to complement the iPod, iMac and/or iBook. The I-Trigue features; (1) 25 watt RMS subwoofer with 6.5” long-throw driver with a dual flared port tube, (2) satellite speakers with three titanium drivers and a wired remote power/volume/bass control with a headphone jack. The I-Trigue retails for $99.99 [corrected from $149.99].

« 2G iSkin $14.99 and 1G iSkin $10

Reuters: Rivals Ready to Take a Bite of Apple »

Comments

ouch.

price tag is a bit much, but creative rocks.

titanium components, nice :D

Posted by Stasyna on July 21, 2003 at 3:33 PM (PDT)

Stasyna sys: “price tag is a bit much, but creative rocks.”

Me says: Creative does not rock. It whines, wheezes, squeaks, whooshes and blurps. It does not rock. Plus it is way overproced. Way, way overpriced.

Posted by pbox on July 21, 2003 at 3:54 PM (PDT)

Personally I waiting to save the money to buy a pair of TivoliAudio PAL radios.

Built in Ni-Cads, recharger and an amasing sound. Pity a pair will run to 240 quid :( Still would include a radio smile

Posted by Pac3r on July 21, 2003 at 4:18 PM (PDT)

eh, the PAL is just one speaker?  And you say it has amazing sound?  k, if ya say so.  I’d be interested in hearing what it sounds like, but I have my doubts when dealing with just one speaker.

Posted by colinp on July 21, 2003 at 7:59 PM (PDT)

Persomally I think those speakers suck. I like the look, sound and the $129 pricetag of these http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details.asp?pID=vs4121&sID=2 The best feature is the “down-firing midrange driver in each satellite”

Posted by emikey on July 22, 2003 at 12:05 AM (PDT)

@colinp

The PAL is a portable radio with an auxilary in. There primary purpose is to be a top of the line radio device with the deep resonant tones of older valve radios people in the UK used to listen to the home service on.

The sound is clean and warm.

To use as a stereo you need two PALs and a cable to split the audio to left and right sources. Not terribly difficult but a rather expensive way to get your hands on a set of (portable) speakers.

Still a 20 hour charge in the built in ni-cams coupled with the excellent radio makes them the top of the range for “the job”.

Altec Lansing have always been good speaker manufacturers. I’ve had three different sets of monitor speakers from them over the years and the sound is excellent. It’s just not “hi fi”. No problem using them to play games but to listen to music I’d prefer to use my Wave Radio or these Tivli PAL. YMMV

Personal taste comes into these things and ,like a lot of british and Irish people, I find american tastes in speakers a little “bright” for my tastes.

Posted by Pac3r on July 22, 2003 at 1:38 AM (PDT)

who the hell they think they are.. these are SOOO pricey and UGLY….This article shouldn’t be in here..

Posted by euphin on July 22, 2003 at 2:55 AM (PDT)

Creative used to be kewl. They used to make top of the line sound cards backed by excellent technical support. Now, most of their sound cards are overpriced more than anything else, backed with virtually no technical support. You think Apple’s support is bad? Wait till you see Creative’s. It’s like going through a brick wall.

Posted by Sraphim on July 22, 2003 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

Wow, those altec lansings suck, nice 19 rms sub, to a 25 rms? i thought higher watts was better, i guess not. I have the 30 watt rms which are sick, for 99. thats a pretty damn good deal for the best creative 2.1 speakers 100 watts total, i recommend these speakers for anyone who likes great quality

Posted by Michael on October 22, 2007 at 2:14 PM (PDT)