Creative Announces Three New Speaker Systems for iPod
Creative Labs, Inc, introduces two new white speaker systems for iPod. The portable TravelSound I300 speakers and the higher-powered desktop Creative I-Trigue speaker system both match the look and design of iPods. The TravelSound features a one-piece, powered, digitally amplified speaker system, foldable design, 30 hours of playback time with 4 AAA batteries, and comes with universal power adapter and travel case. The TravelSound I300 retails for $99 and will be available for shipping next month.
The I-Trigue is a desktop satellite speaker system featuring a two slim speakers, a wood subwoofer, 80 total watts of power, wired remote with power, volume, and bass controls, and a built in headphone jack.
A new third speaker system that matches the iPod’s design will be available in three months. Creative will release another announcement when the time comes.
Official Press Release:
MILPITAS, Calif. - April 28, 2003 - Creative Technology Ltd. (Nasdaq: CREAF), famous for its worldwide leadership in audio and digital entertainment products, today introduces two new ultra-sharp white speaker systems designed to look and sound great with the Apple(R) iPod(TM) MP3 players. To transform your Apple iPod into a high-quality home system, hook it up to the ultra-sleek, beautiful Creative I-Trigue(TM) 2.1 I3350 speaker system. The lightweight, compact yet high-quality TravelSound(TM) I300 portable speakers fit easily in a coat pocket, backpack or briefcase, so they’re ideal for listening to the iPod on the go. Both the I-Trigue 2.1 I3350 and the TravelSound I300 are slated for shipment next month.
A third speaker system with a cool, sexy new look that also matches the design of the Apple iPod is slated for availability in three months. More exciting product information about this higher-powered Creative I-Trigue speaker system will be included in a separate announcement.
“With the introduction of these speaker systems that look great with the Apple iPod, everyone who has an iPod can upgrade it to a complete high-quality sound system. The Creative I-Trigue transforms the iPod into a complete sound system at home; and for use on the go, the Creative TravelSound provides an awesome-sounding alternative to headphones,” said Mala Sharma, senior brand manager for speakers at Creative Labs, Inc.
Enhance Your iPod Listening Experience at Home
Easily connected in seconds to the iPod, the iBook(R) notebook computer, the iMac(R) computer or the PC, the Creative I-Trigue 2.1 I3350 speaker system is priced at only US$99.99 and features two slim, stylish speakers with a wooden subwoofer to deliver a compelling 80 watts of total system power. The Creative I-Trigue 2.1 I3350 is remarkably easy to use, with an included wired remote with power, volume, and bass controls, plus a built in headphone jack for convenience. The secret behind the phenomenal sound quality of this cool-looking speaker system with an elegant, compact form factor is three titanium 1” micro-drivers that produce sound quality far superior to speakers with aluminum micro-drivers. The subwoofer features a 6.5” long throw driver and a dual flared port tube designed to exude cleaner and more powerful bass reproduction and a clean range of lows, mids and highs. Winner of the “Editor’s Choice” award in Computer Games magazine and widely hailed by Mac(R) and PC media for its innovative design and incredible performance, the Creative I-Trigue offers 80dbSNR and the widest frequency response in its class: 30Hz - 20kHz.
Portable Speakers for a Portable Player
Apple iPod users can also play their music aloud while on the go with the ultra-cool white Creative TravelSound I300 speaker system, the ultimate portable system for only US$99.99. Specifically engineered to enhance the sound of portable audio devices, and able to deliver an amazing 30-plus hours of music playback time on just four regular AAA alkaline batteries, the Creative TravelSound I300 is a powered, one-piece, amplified speaker system. Its compact foldable design easily fits in a briefcase or jacket pocket. Featuring two 1” titanium micro-drivers to deliver full dynamic sound with amazing clarity, the Creative TravelSound I-300 includes a digital amplifier to enhance power efficiency and provide extended battery life. Bundled with a universal power adapter and carrying case, the Creative TravelSound I-300 enables iPod users to leave the headphones behind and still enjoy music on the road.
For more information on the new Creative I-Trigue 2.1 I3350 and Creative TravelSound I300 speaker systems, visit www.creative.com
Creative (Nasdaq: CREAF), famous for its worldwide leadership in audio and digital entertainment products, is widely acclaimed for its Sound Blaster(R) sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution. Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed NOMAD(R) Jukebox. Creative’s innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment—anytime, anywhere.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?