Customize your iPods’ lights for $35 | iLounge News

Customize your iPods’ lights for $35

iPodMods repair and customizing service, has changed the price for color change mods to $35.00 for all LCD and Touch wheels (3G iPod). Due to overwhelming demand, they have made the offer more affordable to customers. The color change mod consists of replacing the original LEDs with new colored LEDs of your choice; Super Red, Super White, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green. iPodMods also offers general repair services for iPods starting at $20 and LCD repairs starting at $140.

« Belkin announces TunePower battery pack and TuneBase auto charger/mount

Apple announces “mini” retail stores »

Comments

That’s awesome. I love the touch button colors. I’m assuming this voids the warranty though? Maybe in a year or two, when my warranty is over, I’ll get this done…

Posted by Awesome-O on October 15, 2004 at 2:14 PM (CDT)

It will void the warranty but if you get the unit modified by our site, we will still honor the time you currently have left on your Apple warranty.

Posted by iPodMods on October 15, 2004 at 2:31 PM (CDT)

Cant really deny it, this is very cool indeed.

Not all that expensive either but Im totally broke so its not gonna happen

Posted by Richard on October 15, 2004 at 5:23 PM (CDT)

Wouldnt mind an albino-pod

all white with a red back light and the original button ligths.

Posted by Richard on October 15, 2004 at 5:24 PM (CDT)

just do it urself guys - its not very difficult - practice soddering - and purchase the right leds with the right mcd level

Posted by gabe on October 15, 2004 at 8:21 PM (CDT)

screw up and piss your $200+ down the toilet :/

Posted by AlphaUltima in San Jose on October 15, 2004 at 8:49 PM (CDT)

It is the iPod version of neon clad Hondas!  Still, very, very cool.  Hat’s off to you!

Posted by Dr. Flatline on October 16, 2004 at 6:05 AM (CDT)

good mods, but thats only to change LCD colors. if you want your whole ipod colored, go to:

they have some nice colors to go along with LCD mods :)

Posted by TheCheeks on October 17, 2004 at 1:13 PM (CDT)

I poop in my pants a lot.

Posted by Robert Goulet in Las Vegas on October 17, 2004 at 4:47 PM (CDT)

I poop in my pants a lot.

Posted by Robert Goulet in Las Vegas on October 17, 2004 at 4:48 PM (CDT)

“Due to overwhelming demand, they have made the offer more affordable to customers. . . “

Um, that’s not how supply and demand works . .

If their demand is so overwhelming, why on Earth would they LOWER the price.  Pshaw.

Posted by Flamk on October 18, 2004 at 1:26 AM (CDT)

I would love to do it all blue buttons,but I’ll wait till my warranty’s gone.

Posted by podio on October 18, 2004 at 7:00 AM (CDT)

Hi iPodMods—It looks awesome what you are doing!  Im a big fan of awesome looking ipod mods.  A mix between what ColorWare and you do—would look so sweet!

Posted by Keane on October 18, 2004 at 10:20 AM (CDT)

I’d like to add a bit about their general repair service.  I inherited an out-of-warranty ipod with a broken audio jack from my sister.  IpodMods were straightforward about what the repair would cost and turned it around as soon as the parts came in.  When I encountered a problem with it a few days later, they honored their warranty and even managed to get it back to me in time for a 2 month trip.  They saved me from 2 months of travel without music or data backup!

Posted by Raaalix on December 7, 2004 at 9:19 AM (CST)

where can you buy the lcd’s to do this yourself

Posted by Smij on December 13, 2004 at 1:12 AM (CST)