Darling Dash releases Pitch ‘n’ Toss for iPad
U.K. startup Darling Dash has released Pitch ‘n’ Toss, a new game for the iPad that recreates the classic coin toss game with a twist. In Pitch ‘n’ Toss players attempt to get their three coins as close as possible to the far wall of the playing field by adjusting sliders and using swipe gestures to control the angle, speed and direction of the coin. The game begins with a simple open playing field and progresses through 40 unique levels, introducing additional objects such as bounce pads, cannons, flippers and laser force fields. By using these objects creatively with their coin tosses, players earn additional style points using a combination of skill and puzzle-solving to work out the best way to get their coin closest to the wall. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals are awarded for higher scores and users can share their scores and achievements via Twitter and Facebook. The game also provides a VS mode which allows up to four players to go head-to-head playing specifically designed challenge levels.
Notably, Pitch ‘n’ Toss was developed as a result of the iPad development fund started last February as a partnership between U.K. investment and digital business development firms Northern Film & Media and NoTosh to encourage and fund local iPad developers in northeastern England. Pitch ‘n’ Toss is available from the App Store for $5; a free Lite version is also available.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards