Denon intros home entertainment systems with iPod connectivity [updated]
Denon Electronics has introduced two new home entertainment systems that offer direct connectivity and control of the iPod.
The compact 2.1-channel systems—the S-301 ($1,599) and S-101 ($999)—feature integrated DVD/receiver units, a range of audio and video connections, dual satellite speakers, high-performance subwoofers, and wireless remotes. They both sport a “gentle round-form design” with metallic silver finishes and will be available in August.
Most importantly for iPod owners, both systems feature a plug-and-play “Connect iPod” cable located on the front panel that provides 3G and 4G iPod users connectivity with an iPod navigational menu that’s displayed on their home theater screen.
“The onscreen display mimics the iPod’s own menu display, offering easy and familiar control capabilities,” says Denon. “Once connected, all basic iPod features, including volume control, menu navigation, play, stop and skip, can be accessed via the Denon remote control. Users can even recharge their iPods while connected.”
In addition, both the S-301 and S-101 systems offer support for the iPod photo (now iPod with color display), enabling users to show and control their photos with music on their main home theater display.
Denon has yet to update its site with details of these new models, however, a teaser site showing the S-101 was recently posted.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?