Dension announces ice>Link for iPod | iLounge News

Dension announces ice>Link for iPod

Dension, the leading manufacturer of hard disk-based car audio, announces ice>Link for iPod - the *ultimate* iPod car kit. iPod audio is routed through the CD changer port on over 80% of European market cars including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mini, Peugeot, Renault and VW as well as aftermarket Alpine, Blaupunkt, Kenwood and Sony. The killer feature is that FF/RW radio controls (and steering wheel buttons on suitably equipped vehicles) are mapped onto iPod allowing track navigation from the vehicle controls. ice>Link for iPod also charges the iPod when in the car.

First shipments start w/c 20 October. Estimated retail pricing is around

« Belkin TuneDok for iPod Released

Griffin iFM Shipping Update »

Comments

My JEEP is already upset about posting!!
How about a system such as this available for the U.S. market?

Posted by Derek in Chicago, IL on October 2, 2003 at 3:39 PM (CDT)

I heard that by using the CD player port it stops the CD changer working.

I know that having thousands of tunes on your iPod is enough but I would be upset to buy a new album and not be able to play it in the car until I got home to transfer it.
Small point I know but enough to put me off buying.

Posted by Darren on October 3, 2003 at 7:24 AM (CDT)

Just wished they offered it for Pioneer.  I would gladly give up the use of my 12 disc changed to be able to control my iPod.

Posted by biggie on October 3, 2003 at 7:47 AM (CDT)

Sounds excellent. I’d like to see a picture of the cradle before ordering though.

Posted by Ashley Scott on October 3, 2003 at 8:46 AM (CDT)

Here is a reply from Denison (the maker of ICE-Link) that I received when I asked if the ICE-Link would work with my new Jetta, and if they could send me pics:

“Monsoon will work fine. We will have US distribution set up for early November. Pics are really dull. It’s a cable with a heat shrink PCB in the middle. We use the Brodit iPod cradle (for 3G iPods) which you can see at www.brodit.com”

Posted by Sean on October 3, 2003 at 10:03 AM (CDT)

in the cold season, won’t the ipod get too hot hanging over a heat vent like the brodit cradles do?

Posted by wondering wonderer on October 3, 2003 at 10:42 AM (CDT)

The beauty of Brodit’s ProClip system is that there are generally 3 or 4 mouting locations available for each vehicle such as air vent, centre console high, centre console low and horizontal centre console.

Posted by Lee Harris on October 3, 2003 at 10:47 AM (CDT)

When are the manufacturers going to get it what ipoders want is a device such as ice link with a cradle such as the ipod dock, that when you get in to your car you just place the ipod in with no further connections. In my 95 pathfinder I have cell phone gooseneck base with an ipod dock connected. The dock is connected to my alpine radio via the cd input.

Posted by velinski on October 3, 2003 at 10:59 AM (CDT)

When are the manufacturers going to get it what ipoders want is a device such as ice link with a cradle such as the ipod dock, that when you get in to your car you just place the ipod in with no further connections. In my 95 pathfinder I have a cell phone gooseneck base with an ipod dock connected. The dock is connected to my alpine radio via the cd input.

Posted by velinski on October 3, 2003 at 11:17 AM (CDT)

I want one. I want one now. Now now now!! :)

Posted by Nicholas Howard in Los Angeles, CA on October 3, 2003 at 1:50 PM (CDT)

Check out the diagram on this page:

Looks like this is only for first and second gen iPods, won’t work with the Docking connector.

Posted by Michael on October 6, 2003 at 1:55 PM (CDT)

The diagram showss 1st and 2nd gen but we can 100% confirm that all 3 iPod generations are supported.

LH.

Posted by Lee Harris on October 7, 2003 at 1:52 AM (CDT)

Check the pics of my setup using the Belkin accessory at the bottom of this thread.

Posted by Chad on October 7, 2003 at 1:42 PM (CDT)