Dension announces ice>Link for iPod | iLounge News

Dension announces ice>Link for iPod

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, October 2, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

Dension, the leading manufacturer of hard disk-based car audio, announces ice>Link for iPod - the *ultimate* iPod car kit. iPod audio is routed through the CD changer port on over 80% of European market cars including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mini, Peugeot, Renault and VW as well as aftermarket Alpine, Blaupunkt, Kenwood and Sony. The killer feature is that FF/RW radio controls (and steering wheel buttons on suitably equipped vehicles) are mapped onto iPod allowing track navigation from the vehicle controls. ice>Link for iPod also charges the iPod when in the car.

First shipments start w/c 20 October. Estimated retail pricing is around 99GBP/$160USD. UK/EU pre-ordering is available at www.ihavetohave.it and a dedicated info site listing world-wide distributors and resellers will be launched pre-shipment.

« Belkin TuneDok for iPod Released

Griffin iFM Shipping Update »

Comments

My JEEP is already upset about posting!!
How about a system such as this available for the U.S. market?

Posted by Derek in Chicago, IL on October 2, 2003 at 12:39 PM (PDT)

I heard that by using the CD player port it stops the CD changer working.

I know that having thousands of tunes on your iPod is enough but I would be upset to buy a new album and not be able to play it in the car until I got home to transfer it.
Small point I know but enough to put me off buying.

Posted by Darren on October 3, 2003 at 4:24 AM (PDT)

Just wished they offered it for Pioneer.  I would gladly give up the use of my 12 disc changed to be able to control my iPod.

Posted by biggie on October 3, 2003 at 4:47 AM (PDT)

Sounds excellent. I’d like to see a picture of the cradle before ordering though.

Posted by Ashley Scott on October 3, 2003 at 5:46 AM (PDT)

Here is a reply from Denison (the maker of ICE-Link) that I received when I asked if the ICE-Link would work with my new Jetta, and if they could send me pics:

“Monsoon will work fine. We will have US distribution set up for early November. Pics are really dull. It’s a cable with a heat shrink PCB in the middle. We use the Brodit iPod cradle (for 3G iPods) which you can see at [url=http://www.brodit.com”]http://www.brodit.com”[/url]

Posted by Sean on October 3, 2003 at 7:03 AM (PDT)

in the cold season, won’t the ipod get too hot hanging over a heat vent like the brodit cradles do?

Posted by wondering wonderer on October 3, 2003 at 7:42 AM (PDT)

The beauty of Brodit’s ProClip system is that there are generally 3 or 4 mouting locations available for each vehicle such as air vent, centre console high, centre console low and horizontal centre console.

Posted by Lee Harris on October 3, 2003 at 7:47 AM (PDT)

When are the manufacturers going to get it what ipoders want is a device such as ice link with a cradle such as the ipod dock, that when you get in to your car you just place the ipod in with no further connections. In my 95 pathfinder I have cell phone gooseneck base with an ipod dock connected. The dock is connected to my alpine radio via the cd input.

Posted by velinski on October 3, 2003 at 7:59 AM (PDT)

When are the manufacturers going to get it what ipoders want is a device such as ice link with a cradle such as the ipod dock, that when you get in to your car you just place the ipod in with no further connections. In my 95 pathfinder I have a cell phone gooseneck base with an ipod dock connected. The dock is connected to my alpine radio via the cd input.

Posted by velinski on October 3, 2003 at 8:17 AM (PDT)

I want one. I want one now. Now now now!! smile

Posted by Nicholas Howard in Los Angeles, CA on October 3, 2003 at 10:50 AM (PDT)

Check out the diagram on this page:

Looks like this is only for first and second gen iPods, won’t work with the Docking connector.

Posted by Michael on October 6, 2003 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

The diagram showss 1st and 2nd gen but we can 100% confirm that all 3 iPod generations are supported.

LH.

Posted by Lee Harris on October 6, 2003 at 10:52 PM (PDT)

Check the pics of my setup using the Belkin accessory at the bottom of this thread.

Posted by Chad on October 7, 2003 at 10:42 AM (PDT)