Dension ice-Link for iPod mini-review
“The Dension Ice-Link for iPod sets out to link your ipod to your car head unit, providing control over the iPod either from the steering wheel buttons/stalk or the head unit itself, and, of course, the iPOD sound plays through the vehicles speakers.
The unit consists of a silver metallic box, slighlty larger than a box of matches, a cable to connect into your head units CD changer socket and an encapsulated PCB that connects the silver convertor box to the iPod and provides iPod charging. [click ‘Read more’]
To function the unit has to perform 2 tasks: convert the iPod’s analogue sound to a digital format that will be recognised as a CD and convert the button presses at the head unit/stalk into pulses that the iPod will recognise and act upon.
My unit is fitted to a Renault with a OEM head unit incorprating SatNav. It took approximately 15 minutes to fit and does everything it claims.
Using the unit gives the user control over Next track, Previous track, volume, FF and FR. When the radio is selected the iPod turns off and when it is selected again, by selecting CD, it turns on and resumes from the last play position. Turning the vehicle off also turns the iPod off.
Overall the unit performs very well with no discernable impact on sound quality and makes driving and iPoding a breeze. Build quality is excellent and customer service has been great. At around
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?