Dension ice-Link for iPod mini-review
“The Dension Ice-Link for iPod sets out to link your ipod to your car head unit, providing control over the iPod either from the steering wheel buttons/stalk or the head unit itself, and, of course, the iPOD sound plays through the vehicles speakers.
The unit consists of a silver metallic box, slighlty larger than a box of matches, a cable to connect into your head units CD changer socket and an encapsulated PCB that connects the silver convertor box to the iPod and provides iPod charging. [click ‘Read more’]
To function the unit has to perform 2 tasks: convert the iPod’s analogue sound to a digital format that will be recognised as a CD and convert the button presses at the head unit/stalk into pulses that the iPod will recognise and act upon.
My unit is fitted to a Renault with a OEM head unit incorprating SatNav. It took approximately 15 minutes to fit and does everything it claims.
Using the unit gives the user control over Next track, Previous track, volume, FF and FR. When the radio is selected the iPod turns off and when it is selected again, by selecting CD, it turns on and resumes from the last play position. Turning the vehicle off also turns the iPod off.
Overall the unit performs very well with no discernable impact on sound quality and makes driving and iPoding a breeze. Build quality is excellent and customer service has been great. At around
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards