Design the Next iPhone Contest winners announced
Initially announced in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4, iLounge has revealed the winners of our Design the Next iPhone, Win the Next iPhone contest. We received tons of entries, which were broken down into three major categories: Advanced iPhone concepts, which went above and beyond the features of the current iPhone, Funny entries, which offer a humorous take on the future iPhone, and Simplified entries, which represent an evolution of the current iPhone.
Taking the Grand Prize for Advanced iPhone concept was the iPhone twist design by Christopher Doan of Toronto, Canada. Featuring a hinged design, stereo speakers, an integrated video chat camera, a separate touch-sensitive pad which transforms from a keyboard to a multi-touch pad, and more, the aluminum and white plastic phone was our favorite of the ambitious advanced concepts we received.
Grand Prize for Funny entry was awarded to the iPhone shuffle concept from Michael Hornbek from Hornslet, Denmark. The tiny, simple device prominently features a shiny silver call button that serves only to call random people, and a rear clip to attach the “phone” to clothing or bags. Finally, Grand Prize in the Simplified Entries category went to the 3G iPhone design of Aaron Besson of Trinidad + Tobago. Sporting a white back, a slimmer, more curved profile, and only modest changes to the phone’s overall design, we wouldn’t be surprised if the real iPhone 2 ends up looking quite similar.
Congrats to Christopher, Michael, and Aaron. Outstanding Runner-Up winners can be seen in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4 alongside a gallery of other great entries.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app