Design the Next iPhone Contest winners announced
Initially announced in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4, iLounge has revealed the winners of our Design the Next iPhone, Win the Next iPhone contest. We received tons of entries, which were broken down into three major categories: Advanced iPhone concepts, which went above and beyond the features of the current iPhone, Funny entries, which offer a humorous take on the future iPhone, and Simplified entries, which represent an evolution of the current iPhone.
Taking the Grand Prize for Advanced iPhone concept was the iPhone twist design by Christopher Doan of Toronto, Canada. Featuring a hinged design, stereo speakers, an integrated video chat camera, a separate touch-sensitive pad which transforms from a keyboard to a multi-touch pad, and more, the aluminum and white plastic phone was our favorite of the ambitious advanced concepts we received.
Grand Prize for Funny entry was awarded to the iPhone shuffle concept from Michael Hornbek from Hornslet, Denmark. The tiny, simple device prominently features a shiny silver call button that serves only to call random people, and a rear clip to attach the “phone” to clothing or bags. Finally, Grand Prize in the Simplified Entries category went to the 3G iPhone design of Aaron Besson of Trinidad + Tobago. Sporting a white back, a slimmer, more curved profile, and only modest changes to the phone’s overall design, we wouldn’t be surprised if the real iPhone 2 ends up looking quite similar.
Congrats to Christopher, Michael, and Aaron. Outstanding Runner-Up winners can be seen in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4 alongside a gallery of other great entries.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple Music to supply content to Musical.ly
- Apple now withholding royalty payments to Qualcomm as dispute escalates
- New Puff Daddy Documentary will be another Apple Music exclusive
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.3.2
- Report: Apple’s Jimmy Iovine still has ambitious video plans for Apple Music
- Apple executive talks using AI to boost human memory
- Apple rolling out ‘Today at Apple’ educational courses starting in May
- Smart home device maker iDevices acquired by Hubbell
- Apple delays ‘Carpool Karaoke’ release to ‘later this year’
- Dutch court rules Apple can’t replace broken iPads with refurbished models
- FABRIQ AirPlay and Bluetooth Alexa-Enabled Speaker
- Advanced Evo X & M4
- Advanced Mezger aptX Bluetooth Receiver
- iDevices Wall Switch
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10