Design the Next iPhone Contest winners announced
Initially announced in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4, iLounge has revealed the winners of our Design the Next iPhone, Win the Next iPhone contest. We received tons of entries, which were broken down into three major categories: Advanced iPhone concepts, which went above and beyond the features of the current iPhone, Funny entries, which offer a humorous take on the future iPhone, and Simplified entries, which represent an evolution of the current iPhone.
Taking the Grand Prize for Advanced iPhone concept was the iPhone twist design by Christopher Doan of Toronto, Canada. Featuring a hinged design, stereo speakers, an integrated video chat camera, a separate touch-sensitive pad which transforms from a keyboard to a multi-touch pad, and more, the aluminum and white plastic phone was our favorite of the ambitious advanced concepts we received.
Grand Prize for Funny entry was awarded to the iPhone shuffle concept from Michael Hornbek from Hornslet, Denmark. The tiny, simple device prominently features a shiny silver call button that serves only to call random people, and a rear clip to attach the “phone” to clothing or bags. Finally, Grand Prize in the Simplified Entries category went to the 3G iPhone design of Aaron Besson of Trinidad + Tobago. Sporting a white back, a slimmer, more curved profile, and only modest changes to the phone’s overall design, we wouldn’t be surprised if the real iPhone 2 ends up looking quite similar.
Congrats to Christopher, Michael, and Aaron. Outstanding Runner-Up winners can be seen in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4 alongside a gallery of other great entries.
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone