Design the Next iPhone Contest winners announced
Initially announced in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4, iLounge has revealed the winners of our Design the Next iPhone, Win the Next iPhone contest. We received tons of entries, which were broken down into three major categories: Advanced iPhone concepts, which went above and beyond the features of the current iPhone, Funny entries, which offer a humorous take on the future iPhone, and Simplified entries, which represent an evolution of the current iPhone.
Taking the Grand Prize for Advanced iPhone concept was the iPhone twist design by Christopher Doan of Toronto, Canada. Featuring a hinged design, stereo speakers, an integrated video chat camera, a separate touch-sensitive pad which transforms from a keyboard to a multi-touch pad, and more, the aluminum and white plastic phone was our favorite of the ambitious advanced concepts we received.
Grand Prize for Funny entry was awarded to the iPhone shuffle concept from Michael Hornbek from Hornslet, Denmark. The tiny, simple device prominently features a shiny silver call button that serves only to call random people, and a rear clip to attach the “phone” to clothing or bags. Finally, Grand Prize in the Simplified Entries category went to the 3G iPhone design of Aaron Besson of Trinidad + Tobago. Sporting a white back, a slimmer, more curved profile, and only modest changes to the phone’s overall design, we wouldn’t be surprised if the real iPhone 2 ends up looking quite similar.
Congrats to Christopher, Michael, and Aaron. Outstanding Runner-Up winners can be seen in The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4 alongside a gallery of other great entries.
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Report: 10.5” iPad Pro could still arrive this spring
- Apple’s Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps gain Touch ID support, other improvements
- Apple releases tvOS 10.2 and Apple TV Remote for iPad
- Apple releases watchOS 3.2, featuring Theatre Mode, SiriKit
- Apple releases iOS 10.3 with Find My AirPods, Siri + CarPlay improvements
- Wells Fargo rolling out ability to use Apple Pay for transactions at some ATMs later this year
- Apple ‘stepping up’ investment in AR glasses, but they’re still reportedly more than a year away
- Beijing court overturns ruling that iPhone 6, 6 Plus violated design patents
- TSMC to begin production of A11 chips for new iPhone in April
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10