Deutsche Telekom hints at LTE-Advanced for iPhone 5S?
German carrier Deutsche Telekom announced today that it will be launching LTE+ — otherwise known as LTE-Advanced, capable of doubling LTE speeds to up to 150Mb/second — as an addition to its network, fueling speculation regarding iPhone 5S LTE-Advanced capability. In the announcement, the company notes that Samsung will offer a Galaxy S4 with LTE-A, while also claiming “comparable devices from other vendors will follow at the end of September,” around the time of Apple’s expected iPhone 5S launch. An earlier report claimed that Apple was negotiating to bring an LTE-A iPhone 5S to South Korea, on SK Telecom’s network. It’s unclear whether Apple plans to include LTE-A technology in any or all iPhone 5S devices, or if it will be included in separate models based on country and network.
Notably, AllThingsD has reported that Apple will hold special satellite events in Berlin, Beijing, and Tokyo on September 11, following its September 10 unveiling of the iPhone 5S. New carrier-specific deals or services in these countries may be the reason for the events.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?