Developers: Best of Show Award deadline is Dec. 23
Just a friendly reminder to accessory and application developers that may want to submit their latest creations for our 2012 Best of Show Awards consideration: the deadline for submissions is coming up next week on December 23. Our annual Awards honor the very best new Apple-related products debuted at CES, and are limited in number; they are open solely to official exhibitors with booths at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, continue reading.
(A) ELIGIBILITY AND LIMITATIONS: Our Best of Show Awards are solely for new iPad, iPhone, iPod, and/or Mac products that are being publicly shown for the first time at the 2012 International CES. We will consider products from any official CES exhibitor whose products are being debuted at a booth in the Las Vegas Convention Center. Products shown solely off-site or in drop-bys at our booth will not be considered for Awards.
Each company may submit up to two non-case products and up to one case for Awards consideration, so please select your submissions wisely. Submitted products must be the original design of the submitting company—not OEM-designed and rebadged. The product MUST be making its initial public debut at the 2012 International CES. No product that was publicly announced, sold, given away, or otherwise revealed to the public anywhere in the world prior to January 1, 2012 will be eligible. No exceptions.
(B) LIKELY WINNERS: Our Best of Show Awards focus on A-level design and innovation at reasonable prices. Novel and/or gorgeously designed products priced well have the greatest chance of winning Awards. Me-too products have very little chance of winning, and the standards are even higher for cases. We will only consider truly innovative or uniquely beautiful case designs for possible Award recognition. Winners of last year’s Awards can be seen here:
(C) SUBMISSION PROCESS: Best of Show submissions should be sent to jeremy (at) ilounge (dot) com. Each Best of Show submission should include:
i. Official Product Name
ii. Product information including features, color options, app/software details, etc.
iii. Final pricing (only if necessary, in a range)
iv. Release date/timeframe
v. At least one piece of attractive product photography, suitable for use at iLounge’s booth.
(D) DEADLINE + JUDGING: Our Best of Show Awards submission deadline is December 23, 2011. Judging will take place on the evening of January 10, 2012, immediately after the first day of CES. If you’re inside the iLounge Pavilion, we will strive to check out your booth before judging, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit every booth, so get on our list early. Companies elsewhere in the Las Vegas Convention Center _must_ provide us with information in advance, or else your products will not be considered.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple plans to begin iPhone manufacturing in India starting with the iPhone SE
- Rumor: iPhone 8 to eliminate Touch ID in favor of Facial Recognition
- Report: Apple working on 4K for next-generation Apple TV
- Apple announces WWDC 2017
- Apple patent points to possible new Smart Keyboard with dedicated ‘Share’ and ‘Emoji’ keys
- Jaguar announces in-car Apple Pay payment option at UK Shell gas stations
- Shareholders seek more diversity in Apple upper management
- Apple to fight Nebraska ‘right to repair’ bill
- Apple eyeing another supplier for future OLED screens
- Facebook announces Apple TV app along with iOS app video improvements
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10