Developers: Best of Show Award deadline is Dec. 23
Just a friendly reminder to accessory and application developers that may want to submit their latest creations for our 2012 Best of Show Awards consideration: the deadline for submissions is coming up next week on December 23. Our annual Awards honor the very best new Apple-related products debuted at CES, and are limited in number; they are open solely to official exhibitors with booths at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, continue reading.
(A) ELIGIBILITY AND LIMITATIONS: Our Best of Show Awards are solely for new iPad, iPhone, iPod, and/or Mac products that are being publicly shown for the first time at the 2012 International CES. We will consider products from any official CES exhibitor whose products are being debuted at a booth in the Las Vegas Convention Center. Products shown solely off-site or in drop-bys at our booth will not be considered for Awards.
Each company may submit up to two non-case products and up to one case for Awards consideration, so please select your submissions wisely. Submitted products must be the original design of the submitting company—not OEM-designed and rebadged. The product MUST be making its initial public debut at the 2012 International CES. No product that was publicly announced, sold, given away, or otherwise revealed to the public anywhere in the world prior to January 1, 2012 will be eligible. No exceptions.
(B) LIKELY WINNERS: Our Best of Show Awards focus on A-level design and innovation at reasonable prices. Novel and/or gorgeously designed products priced well have the greatest chance of winning Awards. Me-too products have very little chance of winning, and the standards are even higher for cases. We will only consider truly innovative or uniquely beautiful case designs for possible Award recognition. Winners of last year’s Awards can be seen here:
(C) SUBMISSION PROCESS: Best of Show submissions should be sent to jeremy (at) ilounge (dot) com. Each Best of Show submission should include:
i. Official Product Name
ii. Product information including features, color options, app/software details, etc.
iii. Final pricing (only if necessary, in a range)
iv. Release date/timeframe
v. At least one piece of attractive product photography, suitable for use at iLounge’s booth.
(D) DEADLINE + JUDGING: Our Best of Show Awards submission deadline is December 23, 2011. Judging will take place on the evening of January 10, 2012, immediately after the first day of CES. If you’re inside the iLounge Pavilion, we will strive to check out your booth before judging, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit every booth, so get on our list early. Companies elsewhere in the Las Vegas Convention Center _must_ provide us with information in advance, or else your products will not be considered.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- August adds Motion Detection, Video Recording to Doorbell Cam
- Black hat security firm triples exploit bounty to $1.5m in wake of improved iOS 10 security features
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- IK Multimedia iRig HD 2
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps