Developers: Best of Show Award deadline is Dec. 23
Just a friendly reminder to accessory and application developers that may want to submit their latest creations for our 2012 Best of Show Awards consideration: the deadline for submissions is coming up next week on December 23. Our annual Awards honor the very best new Apple-related products debuted at CES, and are limited in number; they are open solely to official exhibitors with booths at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, continue reading.
(A) ELIGIBILITY AND LIMITATIONS: Our Best of Show Awards are solely for new iPad, iPhone, iPod, and/or Mac products that are being publicly shown for the first time at the 2012 International CES. We will consider products from any official CES exhibitor whose products are being debuted at a booth in the Las Vegas Convention Center. Products shown solely off-site or in drop-bys at our booth will not be considered for Awards.
Each company may submit up to two non-case products and up to one case for Awards consideration, so please select your submissions wisely. Submitted products must be the original design of the submitting company—not OEM-designed and rebadged. The product MUST be making its initial public debut at the 2012 International CES. No product that was publicly announced, sold, given away, or otherwise revealed to the public anywhere in the world prior to January 1, 2012 will be eligible. No exceptions.
(B) LIKELY WINNERS: Our Best of Show Awards focus on A-level design and innovation at reasonable prices. Novel and/or gorgeously designed products priced well have the greatest chance of winning Awards. Me-too products have very little chance of winning, and the standards are even higher for cases. We will only consider truly innovative or uniquely beautiful case designs for possible Award recognition. Winners of last year’s Awards can be seen here:
(C) SUBMISSION PROCESS: Best of Show submissions should be sent to jeremy (at) ilounge (dot) com. Each Best of Show submission should include:
i. Official Product Name
ii. Product information including features, color options, app/software details, etc.
iii. Final pricing (only if necessary, in a range)
iv. Release date/timeframe
v. At least one piece of attractive product photography, suitable for use at iLounge’s booth.
(D) DEADLINE + JUDGING: Our Best of Show Awards submission deadline is December 23, 2011. Judging will take place on the evening of January 10, 2012, immediately after the first day of CES. If you’re inside the iLounge Pavilion, we will strive to check out your booth before judging, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit every booth, so get on our list early. Companies elsewhere in the Las Vegas Convention Center _must_ provide us with information in advance, or else your products will not be considered.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?