Device protection poll ends, Best of Show poll begins
With more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you keep your primary iPod or iPhone in a case or film?”—has ended. Readers could choose from yes or no answers that spanned the range of currently available iPods and iPhones, or choose to say that they don’t own an iPod or an iPhone.
More than half of all respondents—59%—said they own an iPhone, with 80% saying they kept their iPhone in a case or film, compared to just 20% who didn’t. A full quarter of overall respondents had an iPod touch, with only 12% choosing to keep the device bare, and 88% preferring to keep it encased. 10% of all respondents said they had a hard disk-based iPod, with 80% choosing to keep it encased and 20% choosing to leave it as-is. Somewhat surprisingly, only 5% of respondents said they use an iPod nano as their primary iPod; 60% of these said they keep it in a case compared to 40% who choose to let the nano’s finish be its only protection. Finally, zero percent—a total of just 21 people—said they use an iPod shuffle as their primary iPod, while 2% said they don’t own an iPod or iPhone. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on our 2010 CES Best of Show Awards: we’d like to know which new product you’re the most excited about. All of the single product award winners are listed for you to choose from; be sure to read our 2010 Best of Show article for more information on the products. Our new poll, “Which 2010 Best of Show winner are you most excited about?” is available now in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels