Device protection poll ends, Best of Show poll begins
Published: Thursday, January 14, 2010
News Categories: Site News
With more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you keep your primary iPod or iPhone in a case or film?”—has ended. Readers could choose from yes or no answers that spanned the range of currently available iPods and iPhones, or choose to say that they don’t own an iPod or an iPhone.
More than half of all respondents—59%—said they own an iPhone, with 80% saying they kept their iPhone in a case or film, compared to just 20% who didn’t. A full quarter of overall respondents had an iPod touch, with only 12% choosing to keep the device bare, and 88% preferring to keep it encased. 10% of all respondents said they had a hard disk-based iPod, with 80% choosing to keep it encased and 20% choosing to leave it as-is. Somewhat surprisingly, only 5% of respondents said they use an iPod nano as their primary iPod; 60% of these said they keep it in a case compared to 40% who choose to let the nano’s finish be its only protection. Finally, zero percent—a total of just 21 people—said they use an iPod shuffle as their primary iPod, while 2% said they don’t own an iPod or iPhone. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on our 2010 CES Best of Show Awards: we’d like to know which new product you’re the most excited about. All of the single product award winners are listed for you to choose from; be sure to read our 2010 Best of Show article for more information on the products. Our new poll, “Which 2010 Best of Show winner are you most excited about?” is available now in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Apple Reuse & Recycling program expands to iPad
- Apple offering free recycling of used products in stores
- Report: 5.5” ‘iPhone Air’ may not be seen until 2015
- Apple interviewing candidates for mobile payment service
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac