Device protection poll ends, Best of Show poll begins
With more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you keep your primary iPod or iPhone in a case or film?”—has ended. Readers could choose from yes or no answers that spanned the range of currently available iPods and iPhones, or choose to say that they don’t own an iPod or an iPhone.
More than half of all respondents—59%—said they own an iPhone, with 80% saying they kept their iPhone in a case or film, compared to just 20% who didn’t. A full quarter of overall respondents had an iPod touch, with only 12% choosing to keep the device bare, and 88% preferring to keep it encased. 10% of all respondents said they had a hard disk-based iPod, with 80% choosing to keep it encased and 20% choosing to leave it as-is. Somewhat surprisingly, only 5% of respondents said they use an iPod nano as their primary iPod; 60% of these said they keep it in a case compared to 40% who choose to let the nano’s finish be its only protection. Finally, zero percent—a total of just 21 people—said they use an iPod shuffle as their primary iPod, while 2% said they don’t own an iPod or iPhone. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on our 2010 CES Best of Show Awards: we’d like to know which new product you’re the most excited about. All of the single product award winners are listed for you to choose from; be sure to read our 2010 Best of Show article for more information on the products. Our new poll, “Which 2010 Best of Show winner are you most excited about?” is available now in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015