Did the iPod convert you to Mac? Someone wants to know… | iLounge News

Did the iPod convert you to Mac? Someone wants to know…

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Friday, March 11, 2005
News Categories: Apple

If your iPod helped convince you to join the Mac community, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) wants to hear from you. He wrote iLounge with the following request, and we’d love to help him out:

“I am currently working on a project for Apple.

We are looking to speak with people who have come to Mac through owning an iPod. These are people who have been or currently are PC users; they own an iPod and love it so much that they’ve bought a Mac.

Specifically we are looking for people between the ages of 14-35…young professionals, parents, students/etc…approachable, real people. I would like to speak with anyone who fits this description.”

All you need to do, he explains, is send him a quick e-mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) with your name and contact information. While you’re welcome to include a brief version of your story, there’s no need to do so.

« Mix: iPod tax, Cheap tracks, Stolen music, Cigarette case

Marware SportGrip iPod shuffle case to ship next week »

Comments

“Sometimes it’s nice to take a simple, integrated system, and complicate it until it no longer works well. Apple needs to learn that. Until then, Microsoft is the better choice. wink

This is the funniest thing I’ve heard all week. Boy, you REALLY have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly, anyone on this board who has never used a modern Mac running OSX need to keep your comments to yourself. If you’ve never used it, DON’T COMMENT ON IT.

Posted by glb in SoCAl on March 12, 2005 at 12:45 PM (PDT)

“Support wanted me to just give up a program I had been using for years and simply do it their way.”

You were using both Musicmatch and iTunes at the same time?

A)Why would you want to?

and

B)Well yeah, of course that would cause problems. Doesn’t matter which one you used first.

You called Apple to help them make a product of THEIRS work. And they did their job. Stop complaining.

Posted by Alex S. in East Coast on March 12, 2005 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

@Talking Madness: ignore the Mac apologists, you hit the nail on the head about the way the Apple works. I used to be a big Mac freak, switched to PCs back in 98 and have been sooo much happier with Windows configurability next to Apple’s “one way to do it so you don’t get confused” methodology.

I love my iPod, and while it reminds of everything I ever liked about Apple (mainly their software), it also reminds me about everything that made me pull my hair out.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on March 12, 2005 at 7:27 PM (PDT)

Code Monkey - what specifically are you talking about? Mac OS X seems extremely configurable to me. What is it that you think you can’t do?

Posted by sjonke in Maryland, US on March 12, 2005 at 8:10 PM (PDT)

Alex S.-

You seem to have missed one of the points of my post.  My iPod was bundled by APPLE with MUSICMATCH.  So I was asking Apple to fix their product…something they sold me.

The problem I had was simple…I wanted to use both iTunes and MusicMatch (both of which were provided to me by Apple) on my computer.  I use iTunes for some functions and I use MusicMatch for others…lots of people like to do this.

Also, why should using iTunes and MM on the same machine cause problems?  Why do you say ‘of course that would cause problems’?

Posted by Talking Madness in Los Angeles on March 12, 2005 at 10:09 PM (PDT)

Questioner-

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?  In my case MusicMatch came before iTunes.

MusicMatch worked fine before I installed iTunes, so logic would say it’s probably iTunes that caused the problem.  Why shouldn’t they both work together?

I believe that initial version of iTunes was designed to deliberately disable MusicMatch.  Dirty move on Apple’s part if that’s true.

Do you remember how the first version of iTunes for windows would by default start converting your files from MP3 to AAC and renaming them in the iTunes folder?  I remember this freaked a lot of people out and fortunately Apple changed that.  It exemplified a sense of priority Apple puts on having things done their way.  This turned me off to the idea of switching…which is what this particular post is supposed to be about.

Posted by Talking Madness in Los Angeles on March 12, 2005 at 10:19 PM (PDT)

who cares about the 14-45 rule! quit whining you bunch of oldies…..it’s just too bad your not included, GET OVER IT!

Posted by crunked in Toronto on March 13, 2005 at 2:10 PM (PDT)

I haven’t switched yet but will be buying an iMac later on this year.

The iPod definately is bringing back to Apple.  I was an Apple II user from 1982 to 1989.

BTW, my wife and sister in law now want iPods after seeing how much I love mine…..

Posted by slothdude on March 14, 2005 at 6:20 AM (PDT)

Code Monkey is king of the non-specific rants. The equivalent of “this suxx.” Well, why does it sukk, CM?

Posted by zumpp99 in Western NY on March 14, 2005 at 11:34 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2