Directed Electronics offers iPod vehicle interfaces | iLounge News

Directed Electronics offers iPod vehicle interfaces

image

Directed Electronics has announced the availability of four new IP-Port iPod adapters that allow users to listen to their iPod through the stock radio in their vehicles. Initially available for Ford, GM, Honda, and Toyota cars and trucks, the IP-Port adapters operate through the radio’s CD Changer port using the CD Changer controls for song up/down, playlist/disc select, shuffle and more. They also offer an Auto Charge feature that charges the iPod battery and stops it automatically after one hour of non-use. The Directed IP-Port adapters start at $160.

« Merrill Lynch cuts iPod estimates

The Beatles set to sell songs online »

Comments

What if you HAVE a CD changer that came with a package on a new Toyota? I’m assuming it won’t work with one of these.

Posted by JWj on April 13, 2006 at 11:09 AM (CDT)

There is nothing I can find on the Directed website about these products.

Posted by mwilgar on April 13, 2006 at 11:48 AM (CDT)

JWj- my company is in the business of selling iPod interfaces, etc. and these particular adapters in most cases require you to disconnect the CD changer.  Not all applications require this but most do, including your toyota.

Posted by Dman on April 13, 2006 at 12:45 PM (CDT)

You can get the USA SPEC adapter, which does all those features, for you car and save about $50!!! As far as disconnecting CD changers, I didnt have to with my toyota seq., which has a 6-disc in dash changer, I just connected it in the back and in 30mins was all done!!!!

Posted by cheap!!! on April 13, 2006 at 2:37 PM (CDT)

why is there never something for the Bose stereo in my nissan altima!

Posted by chris on April 13, 2006 at 3:11 PM (CDT)

Well, I hope these products are more reliable than their Sirius Connect units. I had to send mine back twice and I’m not sure I’ll be doing business with this company again.

Posted by severum mama on April 13, 2006 at 3:42 PM (CDT)

I have the Vais Tech SLI in my Toyota Prius. It can emulate an MD Changer that some Toyota radios understand, like my Prius, so it doesn’t conflict with a built-in changer.

Bob

Posted by BobR on April 13, 2006 at 9:12 PM (CDT)

Chris,
There is a company called PAC (pacific audio corp) out of California that makes interfaces for the Bose nissan system.
I just put on in my 03 murano and it is kickin butt!!!!  About $100, you control the ipod from the ipod for song/playlist selection but the sterring wheel volume etc still work.
Great sound
nyjimmy

Posted by nyjimmy on April 14, 2006 at 10:47 AM (CDT)

nyjimmy:

Thanks! I am looking them up right now. I appreciate the direction.

Chris

Posted by chris on April 14, 2006 at 2:54 PM (CDT)

WHERE CAN I BUY ONE????????  Need a link, because Directed Electronic’s website has no information on it.

Posted by jess on April 17, 2006 at 12:29 AM (CDT)

Worst website ever.  If I could find the thing I might buy one.

Posted by mtnagel in Cincinnati, OH on April 17, 2006 at 5:05 PM (CDT)

Anyone?  Where can you buy them?

Posted by mtnagel in Cincinnati, OH on April 18, 2006 at 9:24 PM (CDT)

I heard they are just OEMing the USASpec product.

Bob

Posted by BobR on April 21, 2006 at 10:53 PM (CDT)

Anyone with experience patching an ipod into an ‘05 Toyota Land Cruiser? I’d like to keep the use of my cd changer if possible-

Posted by nickt on April 22, 2006 at 11:19 PM (CDT)

Nickt,
Contact Vais Tech. They only make interfaces for Lexas and Toyota.

Bob

Posted by BobR on April 27, 2006 at 2:28 AM (CDT)