Discovery Channel airs ‘Inside Story of the iPod’ | iLounge News

Discovery Channel airs ‘Inside Story of the iPod’

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, December 27, 2006
News Categories: iPod

The Discovery Channel has begun airing a documentary chronicling the history of the iPod. “The Inside Story of the iPod” will have its next broadcast at 12:00 p.m. ET today. The Discovery Channel briefly describes the documentary: “The iPod Revolution goes behind the scenes to uncover how Steve Jobs brought Apple back from the grave to create one of the most popular electronics devices ever made: the iPod.”

« Tune Belt intros Open View Armband for 2G iPod shuffle

Nike issues New Year’s Challenge »

Comments

I wonder why the crappy time slot, surprised the iPod wouldn’t command prime time viewing.

Posted by Crispin Glover on December 27, 2006 at 8:39 AM (PDT)

I am sure it will be available for download on iTunes.

Posted by gbendana on December 27, 2006 at 9:46 AM (PDT)

I Just watched it and I must say that it was good, lots of interesting facts. They should replay it around prime time so everyone who does work for a living can see it.

Posted by KickerMax02 on December 27, 2006 at 11:03 AM (PDT)

AGREED KickerMax02.  It was a LOT better than I expected - amazing names and interviews.  Great mentiond of ilounge.com

That fan created ipod commercial was pretty weak - surprised it snuck in there.  Have seen way better on the internets.

Posted by Crispin Glover on December 27, 2006 at 11:37 AM (PDT)

Pretty cool show, just watched it on Tivo.  My question is why weren’t Tomi’s PodBrix or iAttire products shown?  Those show a real devotion to all things iPod.  iPodMyPhoto.com is pretty cool, but PodBrix is awesome, and why not any coverage on the milliions of cases sold??  Cases make up most of the accessory sales and there are so many cool ones.  That ipod belt buckle is pretty cool, I guess, but have you ever seen anyone wearing one?

Posted by QWERTY529 on December 27, 2006 at 2:40 PM (PDT)

Why did this come out of nowhere?  I checked this site sunday night, and no updates, and then all of a sudden they warm us like what, several hours before it airs?  I missed it cause I didn’t know it was on.  Does anyone know of a rerun of it, or where I could find the show?

Thanks,
-Brian

Posted by brianbobcat on December 27, 2006 at 3:44 PM (PDT)

i have been looking for it on bittorrent.  hopefully someone will post it.

Posted by crash613 on December 27, 2006 at 7:47 PM (PDT)

Anyone taped and posted on youtube?

Posted by Zack on December 28, 2006 at 5:04 AM (PDT)

I have read two competing versions of iPod’s creation.

1. Tony Fadell shopped the idea around to Sony, Phillips, MS, et al, until Apple agreed.

2. Apple decided to build iPod and Jon Rubenstein advertised for an engineer and found Tony Fadell or something like that.

Probably a little of both, but most stories only mention one or the other. iLounge only mentioned #2 in their iPod history section of their Best of 2006/2007.

Posted by alcatholic on December 28, 2006 at 1:45 PM (PDT)