Disney sells 23.7 million TV shows, 2 million movies via iTunes
During a conference call discussing second quarter earnings, Walt Disney CEO Robert Iger revealed that the company has sold around 23.7 million TV episodes and 2 million movies through Apple’s iTunes Store. The company’s offerings include hit TV programs such as “Lost” and “Desperate Housewives,” as well as films such as the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series and the entire Disney/Pixar library.
“The sales of movies and TV shows on iTunes is pretty much concentrated on what I will call the big titles,” Iger said during the call with analysts. “So on the television side, you just have to look at the charts on iTunes and you can see, but for the most part you are looking at Lost, Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives leading the pack. And on the movie side, just as you would expect, Pirates and Cars led the way in terms of titles. We’ve done well with some other movies too, but people are flocking primarily to the top titles, and also to what I will call new titles, since right now we are the only studio making current titles available, we pretty much have the market to ourselves on iTunes.”
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Judge voids $532.9M ruling against Apple
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Apple Music allows for offline listening, lacks complete iTunes library for streaming
- Report: Apple aiming for 100 million Apple Music users
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?