DLO debuts Care Kit for iPods | iLounge News

DLO debuts Care Kit for iPods

image

Digital Lifestyle Outfitters has announced its Care Kit for iPod, a surface restoration and daily cleaning product for iPods. The $30 kit includes three cleaning solutions with separate cloths for heavy scratch removal, fine scratch removal, and daily cleaning. “The DLO Care Kit brings back that like-new look to your iPod,” says DLO. “The full 3-step process can restore a heavily-worn or lightly scratched iPod or iPod nano to its previous glory.”

« Apple unveils iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition

‘RED’ iPod nano being announced tomorrow [updated, confirmed] »

Comments

$30 dollars??? It should be free.

Duh.

Posted by torres#3 on October 12, 2006 at 2:07 PM (PDT)

no, i would definitely pay 30 dollars to have my ipod look like new.

i got my 5g in november and it’s already almost a year. it’s in pretty good shape [if you don’t count the minor dent in the back] but i would like to see it without scratches. but i wouldn’t have to worry about it if i win the photo contest and the ipod!

gonna go get the camera

Posted by jeremy on October 12, 2006 at 2:56 PM (PDT)

A lot of this stuff first showed up in the aviation and automotive industry, and I am sure these solutions are a derivative of the same compounds. One need only look at your closest automotive store to find compounds that will work the same or better for substantially less cost and more product. I look at the blue bottles that these are packaged in, and I don’t whether to rub it on my body or hair, but it’s hilarious to see just how far companies are taking products for the iPod.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on October 12, 2006 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

DLO products are crap.  I bought their video shell case and it scratched my 30gig 5G badly the first time I took it out of the case.  I would never trust them to take scratches OUT considering how easily they put the scratches IN.

Posted by AMEason52 on October 12, 2006 at 6:23 PM (PDT)

After the DLO shell scratched up my iPod I would NEVER buy another product from them!!! I am sticking with iCleaner Pro cleaning kit… this stuff has saved all my iPods, and it is way cheaper!!!

Posted by Peter Strong on October 12, 2006 at 7:56 PM (PDT)

I agree, if DLO can’t make a case that doesn’t scratch your iPod all over the place (such at the 30GB action jacket in my case), I wouldn’t be buying any scratch removal kit from them.

Posted by socrcop on October 12, 2006 at 10:33 PM (PDT)

At least I know I am not the only one with a bad experience with DLO cases.  The overpriced junk that I bought to protect my 60GB was responsible for its first and worst scratches.  There is no way I would pay $30 to the company that caused the scratches for a product to remove them.  With their track record I wouldn’t be suprised at further damage caused by this polish.

Posted by SouthernGothic on October 13, 2006 at 5:07 AM (PDT)

I agree, my old DLO case scratched up my 4G iPod.

And nevertheless if iLounge reviews this product and gives it an excellent grade, I would get it despite their silly cases.

Cheers!

Posted by Robert on October 13, 2006 at 10:14 AM (PDT)

How dare you say this should be free!

We should never hesitate to give more money to corporate shills so they can finance their corporate backing of terrorist groups in Iraq.

I think this DLO case conspiracy is Bush’s fault.

Posted by JokerPoker on October 13, 2006 at 10:31 AM (PDT)

There are already other products out there that cost less like iCleaner and iCe Cream…. and they are cheaper!

Posted by Dave on October 13, 2006 at 2:25 PM (PDT)