DLO PodFolio for 5G iPod now available | iLounge News

DLO PodFolio for 5G iPod now available

imageDigital Lifestyle Outfitters today announced a new version of its PodFolio for Apple’s fifth-generation iPod. The iPod case is made from hand-stitched leather and features a padded protective flip cover with an inside pocket for storing an ID or business cards, a leather-covered sewn-in belt clip, and access to all controls. The DLO PodFolio sells for $30 and is available immediately.

« Mix: Top toys, Superman Returns, Navio, Nike

New Podcast: iLounge Week in Review Special Edition - Panel Discussion on iPod, from Tech Toy to Icon »

Comments

Looks good, but how does the flip stay closed? Is it a magent or a button etc??

Posted by nathan on November 18, 2005 at 1:45 PM (PDT)

...also it says on the website ‘‘Available in Executive and Folio styles’‘.....hmmm…what does this mean??

Posted by nathan on November 18, 2005 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

...and yet only one picture. What do these companies take us for, tiny kids with vivid imaginations? SHOW ME THE PICTURES!!

Posted by Kasper on November 18, 2005 at 1:56 PM (PDT)

Don’t like those cases with flaps.
Hard to control while listening to iPod.

Posted by fk51785 on November 18, 2005 at 7:57 PM (PDT)

This looks much better (i.e., slimmer) than the 5G leather incase, but there is no picture of the back of the case (and the “sewn in belt clip”) on the website.  This would be better with a removable belt clip.

Posted by Mike on November 18, 2005 at 11:00 PM (PDT)

Can we get a review of this? So far it is the nicest case I’ve seen, but the flip has me worried. Can ilounge do a review, please?

Posted by PimpyMicPimp on November 18, 2005 at 11:27 PM (PDT)

I want to know if thy ahve plastic films or something over the screen or click wheel. I would perfer they didnt becuase I like the matte feel of my click wheel and it already has protection from the flap. Other than that, I have sent an email to DLO asking if they use magnets or not to hold the case together.

Posted by Midnight on November 19, 2005 at 9:43 AM (PDT)

Midnight,

If DLO email you back with info, could you email me and let me know, as the subscriptions in iLounge dont work for me.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thanks.

Posted by nathan on November 19, 2005 at 11:02 AM (PDT)

this case looks awsome.
hopefully when a ilounge memeber buys one they can take some nice photos.
just want to know about the clip and how the flap is held

Posted by extreme101 on November 19, 2005 at 2:49 PM (PDT)

Is there an opening at the top of the case for the earphone plug?

Posted by Nancy Esher on November 19, 2005 at 3:36 PM (PDT)

Their website says there’s a hole for the headphones. It does not however, say anything about the Hold Switch, and i don’t think it mentioned the dock port. Hope Ilounge soon has a review….
  It also says it’s the same case for 30 or 60 gig, like the 30 would slide out….

Is the belt clip removable? Lots of questions…

Posted by joemader on November 19, 2005 at 5:39 PM (PDT)

The 30 Gig wouldnt slide out, my money is betting that theres an insert for it. Thats a turn off for me, I like thin cases, and this will make it bigger.
I may opt out for a Incase or perhaps a Sena Case (The sena is a strong possibilty cuz it uses magnets and it dockable) But the DLO is out NOW and I really need a case :\

Posted by midnightslade on November 19, 2005 at 7:49 PM (PDT)

I ordered one so we’ll see if its any good.

Posted by just2cold on November 19, 2005 at 7:56 PM (PDT)

Well, after re-reading the paragraph on the info page Id say the following is true:
No Dock Connector Opening, Why? Because the Flap doesnt cover the bottom so I dont think theyd leaved the port open.

No Hold Switch Opening
I have never seen a leather case with a hole for the Hold switch and I doubt your iPod will turn on when you have the flap down and in your pocket.

Uses Magnets
If you look at the nano version, you can see a small rectangular bulge thru the leather…. it must be a magnet!

Posted by midnightslade on November 19, 2005 at 8:09 PM (PDT)

I think the flap must be open for you to listen to music. There seems to be no hole on the top part of the flap to let the headphone minijack protrude out.
It wouldn’t work for me if you can’t close the flap when listening to the music!

Posted by hoho on November 20, 2005 at 4:26 AM (PDT)

I think i will go for the Incase Folio. The reason, is that i just got a Folio for my nano and its very very well made (except the clickwheel is slightly covered).

I like the idea of the opening from the bottom, meaning i can easilty control my iPod when its on my belt or pants.

I may hack it, and remove the Velcro raspberry

Posted by nathan on November 20, 2005 at 4:38 AM (PDT)

Looks great!  Still waiting for one that has a pocket to keep the earbuds in, like the CEO Classic.  HAS to have an opening for the ear buds so you can listen while the flap is down… if not, it’s pointless.

Posted by Kank on November 22, 2005 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

to: just2cold.  Will you tell us ALL about it when you receive yours?  PLEASE!!! Will be looking forward to your thoughts and desription of same. Thank you. Nancy

Posted by Nancy Esher on November 22, 2005 at 5:50 PM (PDT)

I’ve purchased one of these, and just got my 60gb ipod into it, it’s got sort of a stretchy material on both sides which would probably accommodate a 30gb quite nicely, because my 60 is pretty snug (it took some real effort to get it in).  There is no film over the screen, which I think is nice, because it means no plastic on plastic rubbing, but even with the flip cover, I purchased plastic screen protectors to cover my screen and the front of the ipod. It is held together by a small magnet, which isn’t very strong unfortunately, but that’s my only real qualm with it. There is a hole on the top of the flip cover for headphones (so it is easy to keep listening w/ the flap closed), and a hole on the bottom for the dock connector. The hold button is covered by the flip top, but easily accessible. The top and corners of the ipod are exposed. I haven’t taken it out of the case, yet, so I can’t tell if the case will scratch it in any way. It looks really nice though, and its profile is pretty slim.

Posted by Shannon on January 31, 2006 at 8:51 PM (PDT)