DLO releases 2008 TransDock, Classic, and Micro FM transmitter-chargers [updated]
In an unexpected family-wide refresh of its lineup of combination car chargers and FM transmitters, Digital Lifestyle Outfitters has released new 2008 model TransDock, TransDock Classic, and TransDock Micro FM transmitter/chargers, each featuring an Intellitune button that automatically scans for unused FM stations.
The TransDock Classic borrows the form factor of the 2005-model TransDock, but guarantees compatibility with the latest iPods, adds Intellitune, and omits a video-out feature found in the 2007 update of TransDock. TransDock Classic is priced at $80, and uses pipe-style charging and extension arms to mount in your car’s cigarette lighter power port. The 2008 TransDock sports a completely new design—a refined look with a thinner iPod cradle, a white-on-black display, compatibility with the latest iPod models, and the ability to charge the iPod while docked. It also features an 8” flexible arm and power adapter, an AV-Out port, and an auxiliary input, with the whole package selling for $100. The new DLO TransDock Micro is based upon the 2006 accessory of the same name, but features an updated look, with a round-ended black and metal charging stem replacing the former model’s squarish design. The integrated display is now white-on-black, instead of black-on-blue, and the new model drops the former’s USB connector and included USB-to-Dock Connector cable in lieu of a permanently attached alternative. Unlike the other TransDocks, TransDock Micro does not serve as an iPod mount, and sells for $60.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today