DLO releases 2008 TransDock, Classic, and Micro FM transmitter-chargers [updated]
In an unexpected family-wide refresh of its lineup of combination car chargers and FM transmitters, Digital Lifestyle Outfitters has released new 2008 model TransDock, TransDock Classic, and TransDock Micro FM transmitter/chargers, each featuring an Intellitune button that automatically scans for unused FM stations.
The TransDock Classic borrows the form factor of the 2005-model TransDock, but guarantees compatibility with the latest iPods, adds Intellitune, and omits a video-out feature found in the 2007 update of TransDock. TransDock Classic is priced at $80, and uses pipe-style charging and extension arms to mount in your car’s cigarette lighter power port. The 2008 TransDock sports a completely new design—a refined look with a thinner iPod cradle, a white-on-black display, compatibility with the latest iPod models, and the ability to charge the iPod while docked. It also features an 8” flexible arm and power adapter, an AV-Out port, and an auxiliary input, with the whole package selling for $100. The new DLO TransDock Micro is based upon the 2006 accessory of the same name, but features an updated look, with a round-ended black and metal charging stem replacing the former model’s squarish design. The integrated display is now white-on-black, instead of black-on-blue, and the new model drops the former’s USB connector and included USB-to-Dock Connector cable in lieu of a permanently attached alternative. Unlike the other TransDocks, TransDock Micro does not serve as an iPod mount, and sells for $60.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0