DLO releases Jam Jacket with cord management | iLounge News

DLO releases Jam Jacket with cord management

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, April 18, 2007
News Categories:

image

Digital Lifestyle Outfitters has announced the release of updated Jam Jackets for iPod nano and the 30GB fifth-generation iPod. These new Jam Jackets feature a headphone management system that secures both the cables and earbuds to the back of the case, as well as full click-wheel protection and larger opening for the Dock Connector. “Dealing with constantly tangled cords is a huge headache for any iPod user,” said Rick Case, executive vp of sales for DLO. The DLO Jam Jacket for iPod nano is available in clear or black for $20; the DLO Jam Jacket for 30GB fifth-generation iPod is only available in black and sells for $20 as well.

« Apple to release iQuiz game for iPods (updated, video)

EyeTV 2.4 update adds Apple TV support »

Comments

Looks very nice.  I have the previous version of the Jam Jacket.  This looks like a nice update.  Will ilounge be posting a review of this soon?

I may have to upgrade.  One thing I wonder is why they do not make more than one color for their cases.  Just an idea.

Posted by Matthew W. on April 18, 2007 at 1:50 PM (PDT)

Does anyone know if it comes with an integrated screen protector, or is the screen, the most vital component of the video iPod, exposed? I really like this case, I might trade up from my iSkin Claro because I like the cord management system and it doesn’t seem to add too much bulk to the iPod. Any news on whether this will be sold in Canada?

Posted by The Soup Nazi on April 18, 2007 at 6:03 PM (PDT)

I have an earlier version of this that I really do like, with one major exception—the docking opening is too small to connect to my Monster car power adapter.  So I’m constantly having to take it out of the case.  My only concern about this one is wondering if it has an attachment clip to hook it to clothing or not.

Posted by Mike on April 18, 2007 at 6:04 PM (PDT)

The product looks great, but there is something terribly wrong with the DLO website, particularly the shopping cart. See the image below:

-z

Posted by iRate Columnist on April 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM (PDT)

iRate, that is hilarious!  I was going to buy the thing, but there is no way I am paying $3000!!  lol, they do have a serious problem with their website…

Posted by Matthew W. on April 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM (PDT)

I can’t find a single thing on their website addressing screen protection…does it have integrated screen covering at all?

Posted by Dave M on April 20, 2007 at 3:14 PM (PDT)

i really think that this is a good looking looking case i just need to know if it protects the screen because my screen is already scratched i just don’t want it to get worse

Posted by beleted409 on January 26, 2008 at 11:38 AM (PDT)