Doodle Jump adds multiplayer support
Lima Sky has released a major update adding multiplayer functionality to its acclaimed Doodle Jump iOS platform game. In Doodle Jump, players use their device’s tilt controls to bounce their player, Doodle the Doodler from platform to platform up a long sheet of graph paper, picking up jet packs and other bonuses, avoiding obstacles and blasting enemies as they try to reach the highest possible altitude. With the 2.0 update players can now compete with other iOS users via Apple’s Game Center, either challenging their friends or using the Game Center auto-match feature to find competitors. Players race against one another to reach a finish line, with power-ups available only to the first player who reaches them. Players can also easily call for a rematch at the end of a race to attempt to even the score after a close defeat. Doodle Jump for the iPhone and iPod touch is available from the App Store for $1. The game requires iOS 3.0 or later; multiplayer support requires iOS 4.1, a Wi-Fi connection and a Game Center account. An iPad version is also in the works.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?