Download Now: iLounge Holiday Buyers’ Guide 2005-2006
It’s here: just in time for your wish list, iLounge released the free Holiday Buyers’ Guide 2005-2006, packed with all sorts of amazing iPod goodies, ratings of over 650 products, tables of used iPod prices, and much more. Click on read more for details and download links. Enjoy!
11MB | Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
We’re proud to announce the immediate availability of The iLounge Holiday Buyers’ Guide 2005-2006, our annual guide to the year’s best iPod hardware, accessories, and software. Here’s what’s inside:
- Sneak Peeks: See many new iPod accessories debuted exclusively in the Book, including Belkin’s new TuneBase FM and TuneFM for iPod nano and the new iPod, Griffin’s new iTrip Auto and TuneBuds for iPod nano, Vaja’s iVod for iPod nano, Power Support’s Silicone Jacket for iPod nano, Core Cases’ Aluminum Case for iPod nano, ProClip’s Padded Holder for iPod nano, and more.
- Re-introducing the iPod: Pick the best iPod for you, the iLounge way - 13 pages of iPod and iTunes phone hardware reviews and comparison information, with all the essential details you need. Want a new iPod? Want to sell your old iPod? Has the iPod mini really disappeared forever? The answers to your questions are here, including fair market value tables for used iPods and comparison guides to every current iPod model.
- A Brief History of iPod + iTunes: Learn the history of the iPod and iTunes in a flash with our new timelines, now including fascinating details on the growth of iTunes from a 200,000-song store for Mac users into a 2 million-song store with over 10 million PC and Mac customers. Up to date with all key events through the date of publication.
- iLounge Photo and Art Contests: Winners of the (amazing) Black and White Photos contest and Design the Ultimate iPod Accessory Contest, plus honorable mentions for both. Who won the $1800 in prizes, including iBall speakers, Belkin accessories, and iPod nanos? You’ll be blown away by the pictures and ideas inside.
- The Ten Must-Have Accessories for Your iPod: We’ve reviewed over 650 accessories and iPods, and know that you don’t want to read all the reviews. So our Holiday Buyers’ Guide looks at the top 10 categories of accessories and helps you choose the best ones for your iPod, needs, and budget. Inside, you’ll find the world’s first reviews of AKG’s beautiful k701 Headphones, Altec Lansing’s iM716 and iM616, DLO’s New TransPod, Harman/Kardon’s Drive + Play, Talking Panda’s iBar, Atech Flash’s iDuo, and our famous Report Card - now with ratings for over 650 different iPod-related products.
- Plus regular iLounge Guide features, including The iPod Directory, Backstage at iLounge, and Closing the Curtain: Voice of the People.
The iLounge Holiday Buyers’ Guide 2005-2006 is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions - “one-page widescreen” and “two-page spreads,” but strongly recommend “one-page widescreen” for viewing on monitors under 20” in size, and for printing. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies. Please Tell A Friend or two about the Holiday Buyers’ Guide. And please do your part to share the Guide on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below) - that’s all we ask.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Cook discusses ambitious plan to beef up Apple Watch’s health monitoring
- New leak shows dual camera exclusive to ‘iPhone 7 Plus,’ but no Smart Connector
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)