Download Now: iLounge’s 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide
Now in its sixth year, the world’s most popular iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide has been expanded and refreshed for the 2009-2010 holiday buying season!
Now with 50 more pages than last year’s edition, the 200-page 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is packed with information on the latest and greatest new accessories, apps, and games, featuring over 20 different sections. Here are just some of the great things you’ll find inside:
100 Best iPhone and iPod touch Games: Spanning 20 pages, this look at the 100 best iPhone OS games spans many genres, aesthetic styles, and prices—only the very coolest titles we’ve played in the last year have been included.
100 Essential iPhone and iPod touch Apps: With roughly 100,000 apps available, it’s harder than ever to know which are worth your hard-earned dollars; we do the work for you in this 10-page section, which spotlights the 100 applications our Editors have found legitimately useful and worthy of their prices over extended periods of time, rather than just flash-in-the-pan releases.
iPod, iPhone, and Accessory Guides: As always, we bring you the most up-to-date information possible on Apple’s new lineup of portable media players, phones, and third-party companion accessories—from cases and batteries to speakers, headphones, and car accessories—to help you make the purchase that’s right for you. In addition, we offer a list of just-gathered used selling prices for iPods and iPhones, so you’ll know what to expect whether you’re selling your old model or picking up a legacy iPod for a fan in your family.
Best of the Year and Readers’ Choice Awards: Find out which Apple products, accessories, developers, apps and games our Editors—and readers—held in the highest esteem in 2009 with a look through our Best of the Year and Readers’ Choice Awards galleries.
Exclusive accessory Sneak Peeks: See the latest accessories from JBL, V-Moda, Scosche, Incipio, and others, including beautiful new speakers, metal DJ-style headphones, and much more.
iPod + iPhone History and iGlossary: Take a stroll down memory lane with our comprehensive timeline of iPod and iPhone history, with the unique features, pros, and cons of each model listed, and bring yourself up to speed on all the technical jargon surrounding Apple’s media devices with our new iGlossary section.
Design the Apple Tablet Contest Winners: Find out who won over $1200 in prizes in our Design the Apple Tablet Contest, and enjoy a gallery of the winners, runners-up, and notable entries.
Complete Color Charts for all iPod and iPhone models: With a complete refresh of the iPod nano and iPod shuffle color lineups, the number of different hues available has only expanded further. We round up all the iPods and iPhones for a comparative photographic look at the many different colors of the Apple rainbow.
Brand New iD the iPods + iPhones Contest: Browse the Guide to get the details (and useful clues!) for our latest contest: don’t miss your chance to win one of three speaker systems from Boston Acoustics, and a new iPod touch!
As in past years, our 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for monitors 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available in separate versions for viewing on monitors that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, and for touchscreen devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. PC users should have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later. Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch users can use Safari.
Please tell a friend about the new Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Apple turning ‘Carpool Karaoke’ into an Apple Music exclusive
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app