Download Now: iLounge’s 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide
As our 19th downloadable publication, iLounge is proud to announce today’s release of the latest edition: the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide. With a significant focus on the iPhone 5, fifth-generation iPod touch, and seventh-generation iPod nano, the Guide is the world’s most comprehensive and popular look at all things iPhone and iPod.
Included in the 208 pages are reviews of every current iPhone and iPod model, a guide to buying and selling Apple devices, and iLounge’s thorough iHistory, chronicling Apple’s digital media initiatives dating back to iTunes 1.0 and the first iPod. We also spotlight the year’s best accessories, including speakers, cases, toys, and new Lightning add-ons, plus the Top 100 iPhone/iPod apps and games.
Additionally, the Guide features our 2012 Best of the Year Awards, selected by iLounge’s editors and readers. As always, the awards recognize this year’s standout products and developers, focusing on the very best of the best. You’ll also find a preview of the iLounge Pavilion at the 2013 CES, including sneak peeks at a handful of new products slated to be introduced at the show.
Here are some of the sections you’ll find inside the guide:
- iPhone, iPod + iTunes News
- The iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide
- Comparing Apple’s iPhone + iPod Cameras
- Buying + Selling iPods, iPhones + Apple TVs
- The iPhone + iPod Accessory Guide
- 2012’s Top 100 iPhone + iPod Apps + Games
- 2012 Best of the Year and Readers’ Choice Awards
- iHistory 2001-2012
- The iLounge Pavilion @ 2013 CES
- What’s New in Mac
- What’s New in iPad
- Around the World Galleries
- Closing the Curtain
Our iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between three versions; we ask you to download only one.
The first version is in a twin-page “spread” format, a wide, magazine-style layout that is readable without zooming on iPads, laptops, and desktop computers. This version is roughly 30MB in size, and entirely readable on the iPad without zooming.
The second version is single-page, filling the full screen with one page at a time. This is for viewing on smaller screens, including pocket devices such as the iPhone and iPod touch. Viewed on the iPad, this version requires more page turning, but fills the portrait screen with larger text; no zooming in is ever required.
A third version, mobile, is the same except much smaller in file size (20MB versus 30MB), compatible with older iPod touches and iPhones. Regardless of the version you select, we strongly recommend that iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users use Apple’s iBooks or a third-party PDF reader rather than attempting to view the entire book in Safari.
Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. To view the Guide, PC users should have the latest version of Adobe Reader. Mac users can use Apple’s Preview or the latest Adobe Reader.
Please tell a friend about the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- FTC files complaint against Qualcomm citing royalty deal with Apple
- India mulling manufacturing regulation changes which could woo Apple
- Apple Music creative team discusses the service’s exclusives, future
- Apple raising UK App Store prices by more than 25 percent
- Iovine fuels speculation about Apple’s interest in scripted TV shows
- Report: ‘iPhone 8’ to include upgraded water resistance
- U.S. appeals court resurrects App Store antitrust lawsuit against Apple
- Apple increases maximum tvOS app size to 4GB
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
- Apple looking to produce original TV content for Apple Music subscribers
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10