Download Now: iLounge’s iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide
Last year, we devoted part of our June 2010 book to the iPad Buyers’ Guide, the first-ever look at the world of accessories and apps for the original iPad. Over one million downloads later, we began work on an even better sequel. Today, we’re proud to announce the release of the iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide—a standalone publication devoted entirely to the best hardware, accessories, and software in the growing iPad ecosystem!
Now 146 pages in size, the iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide has been completely rewritten from the ground up, spotlighting the latest and greatest releases for both the brand-new iPad 2 and the first-generation iPad. Whether you’re looking to buy an iPad, sell an iPad, choose the best docking or AirPlay speaker system, find apps, games, or cases, the iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide has everything you’re looking for in one place. All of our top picks are inside, selected strictly on the basis of merit by iLounge’s editors.
Here are some of the sections you’ll find:
- From Our Editor
- 2011: “The Year of iPad 2”
- iPad By The Numbers: Our 2008-2011 Polls
- New From iLounge: iLounge + Mac
- Sneak Peeks
- iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide Top Tweeter Contest
- All About the iPad 2
- Choose the right iPad 2 version, capacity, color, and data plan for your needs.
- The iPad Lifestyle Guide
- Home. Office. School. Play. Thanks to new applications, iPads have found their way into all walks of life. We spotlight the best picks for popular careers, hobbies, and needs.
- iDesign 2011
- Profiles and interviews illustrate the impressive design work of six Apple third-party developers:
- * iHome
- * Incipio
- * Just Mobile
- * Mobigame
- * The Omni Group
- * Twelve South
- The iPad Accessory Buyers’ Guide
- Stands, cases, speakers, and many more types of accessories are featured in this massive look at iPad and iPad 2 add-ons.
- iPads Around the World Gallery
- What’s New in iPod
- Noteworthy recent accessory and app releases for iPods.
- What’s New in iPhone
- Updates on the white and Verizon versions of iPhone 4.
- What’s New in Mac
- New iMacs and cool products from iLounge + Mac.
- Index to Advertisers
- Closing the Curtain
- What’s coming next for the iPod, iPhone, and Mac.
If you’re an iPod, iPhone, or Mac user—and not quite sure whether you want or need an iPad—you’ll enjoy the awesome new iDesign section, which discusses the industrial and interface design work of six leading third-party developers whose products span multiple Apple devices. We’ve also included small sections to update readers on what’s most interesting in the iPod, iPhone, and Mac worlds right now.
As always, our iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for computer screens that are 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, as well as printing on color printers. We strongly recommend the single-page version to iOS users—this version was optimized for your devices. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly.
To view the Guide, PC users should have Adobe Reader 8.0 or later. Mac users should use Apple’s Preview or Adobe Reader 8.0 or later. Due to the Guide’s massive footprint, we strongly recommend that iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users use Apple’s iBooks or a third-party PDF reader rather than attempting to view the entire book in Safari. We have tested it on everything from a second-generation iPod touch to an iPhone 3GS to iPads and iPad 2s, and it works on all of these devices using iBooks.
Please tell a friend about the iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?