Download Now: iLounge’s iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5
The fifth edition of the Book deemed “the iPod Bible” is now available, and packed with brand new additions: a full-fledged iPad Buyers’ Guide and iDesign Addendum, spotlighting the work of six impressive accessory and application developers!
Now with 150 pages, the iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5 shows you how to make the most of your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, featuring everything from buying and selling tips to looks at top accessories, apps, and games. Here are just some of the great things you’ll find inside:
The iPad Buyers’ Guide
With over two million iPads sold in the first 60 days of availability, Apple’s tablet computer is taking the world by storm. We explain why and spotlight its top add-ons.
- Introducing the iPad
- Cases, Film + Stickers
- Car Accessories
- Stands + Docks
- Earphones + Cables
- iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Great iPad Games + Apps
Profiles of six top accessory and application developers add to our series on great design, including early details on upcoming apps.
- Speck Products
- Duck Duck Moose
- PopCap Games
All Things iPod + iPhone
Every current iPod and iPhone model are compared, with 16 different sections discussing everything from buying, selling, and trading to accessorizing, filling, and customizing your favorite Apple pocket device.
- Installing The Right Software
- Charging + Synchronizing
- Filling It Up: Music, Videos, Apps, More
- Entertainment Everywhere
- Expanding Your iPod or iPhone
- Playing Around: Toys + Games
- Cables, Cord Managers + Sharing
- Maintenance and Repair
- Selling and Trading
- Apple TV
- Joining The Community
- More Help
iPad, iPhone + iPod Photo Galleries
Great photos from our Around the World galleries are shown off here.
The iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5 is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for screens 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on screens that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as for pocket devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad users: The two-page version is entirely readable on the iPad; the one-page version increases the amount of page-turning but is even easier to read on the iPad. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. PC users should have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later. Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users can use Safari, though we strongly recommend GoodReader or Readdle Docs for iPad/iPhone/iPod in order to download the Book once and view it whenever you want.
Please tell a friend about the new Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?