Download Now: iLounge’s iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5
The fifth edition of the Book deemed “the iPod Bible” is now available, and packed with brand new additions: a full-fledged iPad Buyers’ Guide and iDesign Addendum, spotlighting the work of six impressive accessory and application developers!
Now with 150 pages, the iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5 shows you how to make the most of your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, featuring everything from buying and selling tips to looks at top accessories, apps, and games. Here are just some of the great things you’ll find inside:
The iPad Buyers’ Guide
With over two million iPads sold in the first 60 days of availability, Apple’s tablet computer is taking the world by storm. We explain why and spotlight its top add-ons.
- Introducing the iPad
- Cases, Film + Stickers
- Car Accessories
- Stands + Docks
- Earphones + Cables
- iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Great iPad Games + Apps
Profiles of six top accessory and application developers add to our series on great design, including early details on upcoming apps.
- Speck Products
- Duck Duck Moose
- PopCap Games
All Things iPod + iPhone
Every current iPod and iPhone model are compared, with 16 different sections discussing everything from buying, selling, and trading to accessorizing, filling, and customizing your favorite Apple pocket device.
- Installing The Right Software
- Charging + Synchronizing
- Filling It Up: Music, Videos, Apps, More
- Entertainment Everywhere
- Expanding Your iPod or iPhone
- Playing Around: Toys + Games
- Cables, Cord Managers + Sharing
- Maintenance and Repair
- Selling and Trading
- Apple TV
- Joining The Community
- More Help
iPad, iPhone + iPod Photo Galleries
Great photos from our Around the World galleries are shown off here.
The iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5 is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for screens 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on screens that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as for pocket devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad users: The two-page version is entirely readable on the iPad; the one-page version increases the amount of page-turning but is even easier to read on the iPad. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. PC users should have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later. Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users can use Safari, though we strongly recommend GoodReader or Readdle Docs for iPad/iPhone/iPod in order to download the Book once and view it whenever you want.
Please tell a friend about the new Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?