Download Now: iLounge’s iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5
The fifth edition of the Book deemed “the iPod Bible” is now available, and packed with brand new additions: a full-fledged iPad Buyers’ Guide and iDesign Addendum, spotlighting the work of six impressive accessory and application developers!
Now with 150 pages, the iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5 shows you how to make the most of your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, featuring everything from buying and selling tips to looks at top accessories, apps, and games. Here are just some of the great things you’ll find inside:
The iPad Buyers’ Guide
With over two million iPads sold in the first 60 days of availability, Apple’s tablet computer is taking the world by storm. We explain why and spotlight its top add-ons.
- Introducing the iPad
- Cases, Film + Stickers
- Car Accessories
- Stands + Docks
- Earphones + Cables
- iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Great iPad Games + Apps
Profiles of six top accessory and application developers add to our series on great design, including early details on upcoming apps.
- Speck Products
- Duck Duck Moose
- PopCap Games
All Things iPod + iPhone
Every current iPod and iPhone model are compared, with 16 different sections discussing everything from buying, selling, and trading to accessorizing, filling, and customizing your favorite Apple pocket device.
- Installing The Right Software
- Charging + Synchronizing
- Filling It Up: Music, Videos, Apps, More
- Entertainment Everywhere
- Expanding Your iPod or iPhone
- Playing Around: Toys + Games
- Cables, Cord Managers + Sharing
- Maintenance and Repair
- Selling and Trading
- Apple TV
- Joining The Community
- More Help
iPad, iPhone + iPod Photo Galleries
Great photos from our Around the World galleries are shown off here.
The iPad Buyers’ Guide + iPod/iPhone Book 5 is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for screens 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on screens that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as for pocket devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad users: The two-page version is entirely readable on the iPad; the one-page version increases the amount of page-turning but is even easier to read on the iPad. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. PC users should have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later. Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users can use Safari, though we strongly recommend GoodReader or Readdle Docs for iPad/iPhone/iPod in order to download the Book once and view it whenever you want.
Please tell a friend about the new Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?