Download Now: iLounge’s New iPad Buyers’ Guide
Since 2004, iLounge’s famous Buyers’ Guides have provided readers with a unique treat—a comprehensive look at the worlds of iPod, iPhone, and iPad products, twice per year. We’re proud to announce the release today of The New iPad Buyers’ Guide, focused on the third-generation iPad and Apple TV.
Weighing in at 156 pages, The New iPad Buyers’ Guide is iLounge’s biggest and best iPad-focused publication yet. In addition to helping users though every step of purchasing one of the 24 different iPad models available today, the Guide includes a massive collection of top iPad accessories, a look at today’s most essential 100 iPad apps, and a section on the just-released third-generation Apple TV.
We particularly want to direct your attention to this edition’s iDesign interviews, which include especially insightful talks with leading Apple developers Soundfreaq, Bloomberg, Inkling, Mobile Roadie, and Geneva Lab. You’ll also discover some brief looks at new iPhone, iPod, and Mac gear, and discussion of upcoming Apple products: the “iTV,” next-generation iPhone, and the potential for a revolutionary new digital camera. Here are some of the sections you’ll find inside:
- Introducing a “New iPad”
- iPad By The Numbers: An Unstoppable March
- The New iPad Buyers’ Guide
- All Things Apple TV
- Our Favorite 100 iPad Apps
- iDesign 2012
- The iPad Accessory Buyers’ Guide
- iPads Around the World Gallery
- New For iPhone + iPod
- New @ iLounge + Mac
- So Said The Haters
- What’s The Deal With iTV?
- Making The Case For iSight
- Closing the Curtain: A New iPhone
Our New iPad Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for screens 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on screens that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as for pocket devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad users: The two-page version is readable on the iPad; the one-page version increases the amount of page-turning but is even easier to read on the iPad. We love the two-page spread version, but the one-page version is easiest read on iOS devices. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. To view the Guide, PC users should have the latest version of Adobe Reader. Mac users should use Apple’s Preview or the latest Adobe Reader. Due to the Guide’s massive footprint, we strongly recommend that iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users use Apple’s iBooks or a third-party PDF reader rather than attempting to view the entire book in Safari.
Please tell a friend about the New iPad Buyers’ Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
Alternate iLounge Download Links:
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels