Download Now: iLounge’s New iPad Buyers’ Guide
Published: Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Site News Categories:
Since 2004, iLounge’s famous Buyers’ Guides have provided readers with a unique treat—a comprehensive look at the worlds of iPod, iPhone, and iPad products, twice per year. We’re proud to announce the release today of The New iPad Buyers’ Guide, focused on the third-generation iPad and Apple TV.
Weighing in at 156 pages, The New iPad Buyers’ Guide is iLounge’s biggest and best iPad-focused publication yet. In addition to helping users though every step of purchasing one of the 24 different iPad models available today, the Guide includes a massive collection of top iPad accessories, a look at today’s most essential 100 iPad apps, and a section on the just-released third-generation Apple TV.
We particularly want to direct your attention to this edition’s iDesign interviews, which include especially insightful talks with leading Apple developers Soundfreaq, Bloomberg, Inkling, Mobile Roadie, and Geneva Lab. You’ll also discover some brief looks at new iPhone, iPod, and Mac gear, and discussion of upcoming Apple products: the “iTV,” next-generation iPhone, and the potential for a revolutionary new digital camera. Here are some of the sections you’ll find inside:
- Introducing a “New iPad”
- iPad By The Numbers: An Unstoppable March
- The New iPad Buyers’ Guide
- All Things Apple TV
- Our Favorite 100 iPad Apps
- iDesign 2012
- The iPad Accessory Buyers’ Guide
- iPads Around the World Gallery
- New For iPhone + iPod
- New @ iLounge + Mac
- So Said The Haters
- What’s The Deal With iTV?
- Making The Case For iSight
- Closing the Curtain: A New iPhone
Our New iPad Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for screens 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on screens that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as for pocket devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad users: The two-page version is readable on the iPad; the one-page version increases the amount of page-turning but is even easier to read on the iPad. We love the two-page spread version, but the one-page version is easiest read on iOS devices. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. To view the Guide, PC users should have the latest version of Adobe Reader. Mac users should use Apple’s Preview or the latest Adobe Reader. Due to the Guide’s massive footprint, we strongly recommend that iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users use Apple’s iBooks or a third-party PDF reader rather than attempting to view the entire book in Safari.
Please tell a friend about the New iPad Buyers’ Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
Alternate iLounge Download Links:
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address