Download Now: iLounge’s New iPad Buyers’ Guide
Published: Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Site News Categories:
Since 2004, iLounge’s famous Buyers’ Guides have provided readers with a unique treat—a comprehensive look at the worlds of iPod, iPhone, and iPad products, twice per year. We’re proud to announce the release today of The New iPad Buyers’ Guide, focused on the third-generation iPad and Apple TV.
Weighing in at 156 pages, The New iPad Buyers’ Guide is iLounge’s biggest and best iPad-focused publication yet. In addition to helping users though every step of purchasing one of the 24 different iPad models available today, the Guide includes a massive collection of top iPad accessories, a look at today’s most essential 100 iPad apps, and a section on the just-released third-generation Apple TV.
We particularly want to direct your attention to this edition’s iDesign interviews, which include especially insightful talks with leading Apple developers Soundfreaq, Bloomberg, Inkling, Mobile Roadie, and Geneva Lab. You’ll also discover some brief looks at new iPhone, iPod, and Mac gear, and discussion of upcoming Apple products: the “iTV,” next-generation iPhone, and the potential for a revolutionary new digital camera. Here are some of the sections you’ll find inside:
- Introducing a “New iPad”
- iPad By The Numbers: An Unstoppable March
- The New iPad Buyers’ Guide
- All Things Apple TV
- Our Favorite 100 iPad Apps
- iDesign 2012
- The iPad Accessory Buyers’ Guide
- iPads Around the World Gallery
- New For iPhone + iPod
- New @ iLounge + Mac
- So Said The Haters
- What’s The Deal With iTV?
- Making The Case For iSight
- Closing the Curtain: A New iPhone
Our New iPad Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for screens 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on screens that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as for pocket devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad users: The two-page version is readable on the iPad; the one-page version increases the amount of page-turning but is even easier to read on the iPad. We love the two-page spread version, but the one-page version is easiest read on iOS devices. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. To view the Guide, PC users should have the latest version of Adobe Reader. Mac users should use Apple’s Preview or the latest Adobe Reader. Due to the Guide’s massive footprint, we strongly recommend that iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users use Apple’s iBooks or a third-party PDF reader rather than attempting to view the entire book in Safari.
Please tell a friend about the New iPad Buyers’ Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
Alternate iLounge Download Links:
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Apple Reuse & Recycling program expands to iPad
- Apple offering free recycling of used products in stores
- Report: 5.5” ‘iPhone Air’ may not be seen until 2015
- Apple interviewing candidates for mobile payment service
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac