Download Now: iLounge’s New iPad Buyers’ Guide
Since 2004, iLounge’s famous Buyers’ Guides have provided readers with a unique treat—a comprehensive look at the worlds of iPod, iPhone, and iPad products, twice per year. We’re proud to announce the release today of The New iPad Buyers’ Guide, focused on the third-generation iPad and Apple TV.
Weighing in at 156 pages, The New iPad Buyers’ Guide is iLounge’s biggest and best iPad-focused publication yet. In addition to helping users though every step of purchasing one of the 24 different iPad models available today, the Guide includes a massive collection of top iPad accessories, a look at today’s most essential 100 iPad apps, and a section on the just-released third-generation Apple TV.
We particularly want to direct your attention to this edition’s iDesign interviews, which include especially insightful talks with leading Apple developers Soundfreaq, Bloomberg, Inkling, Mobile Roadie, and Geneva Lab. You’ll also discover some brief looks at new iPhone, iPod, and Mac gear, and discussion of upcoming Apple products: the “iTV,” next-generation iPhone, and the potential for a revolutionary new digital camera. Here are some of the sections you’ll find inside:
- Introducing a “New iPad”
- iPad By The Numbers: An Unstoppable March
- The New iPad Buyers’ Guide
- All Things Apple TV
- Our Favorite 100 iPad Apps
- iDesign 2012
- The iPad Accessory Buyers’ Guide
- iPads Around the World Gallery
- New For iPhone + iPod
- New @ iLounge + Mac
- So Said The Haters
- What’s The Deal With iTV?
- Making The Case For iSight
- Closing the Curtain: A New iPhone
Our New iPad Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for screens 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available for viewing on screens that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as for pocket devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad users: The two-page version is readable on the iPad; the one-page version increases the amount of page-turning but is even easier to read on the iPad. We love the two-page spread version, but the one-page version is easiest read on iOS devices. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. To view the Guide, PC users should have the latest version of Adobe Reader. Mac users should use Apple’s Preview or the latest Adobe Reader. Due to the Guide’s massive footprint, we strongly recommend that iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users use Apple’s iBooks or a third-party PDF reader rather than attempting to view the entire book in Safari.
Please tell a friend about the New iPad Buyers’ Guide! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?