Download Now: Our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide
Now in its fourth year, the world’s most popular iPod and accessory buyers’ guide has arrived!
Single page, best for small monitors, portable devices (9.4 MB PDF)
Double page, best for 20” and larger monitors (7.4 MB ZIP)
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later.
Completely redesigned, the 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a streamlined look at Apple’s portable media devices and their best third-party add-ons. What’s inside?
- Over 20 Exclusive Sneak Peeks: See the first-ever video-camera equipped iPod dock, Griffin’s brand-new 2007 iTrip FM transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod dock that fits inside a chrome keychain, along with many other new cases and add-ons.
- The iPod, iPhone + Apple TV Guide: A complete guide to all of the current and past model iPods, now including pricing comparisons for major retailers, up-to-date eBay values for past iPods, and extensive tips for buying and selling iPod hardware.
- iLounge’s Best of the Year Awards: Which case is the best for your iPod or iPhone? Who made the best speakers and earphones this year? What’s the best video accessory for use with iTunes? Our Best of the Year awards honor top products, the Accessory Maker of the Year, and iLounge’s top five members, as well!
- A Brief History of iPod and Future iPods Our annually updated timeline looks back at six years of iPod history, while the Guide closes with predictions as to upcoming iPod, iPhone, and iTunes developments.
- Galleries + Contests: We announce the winners of our Holiday iPod and iPhone nano contests, and spotlight some of the best recent submissions to our iPods and iPhones Around the World photo galleries.
- The New iLounge.com: Take a first peek at our upcoming top to bottom redesign, coming soon!
As always, The 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions: one is in magazine-style two-page spread format, our preferred format for display on monitors 20” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, designed for viewing on the iPhone, iPod touch, and monitors that are smaller than 20” on the diagonal. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly.
Please tell a friend about the new Buyers’ Guide, or share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?