Download Now: Our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide
Now in its fourth year, the world’s most popular iPod and accessory buyers’ guide has arrived!
Single page, best for small monitors, portable devices (9.4 MB PDF)
Double page, best for 20” and larger monitors (7.4 MB ZIP)
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later.
Completely redesigned, the 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a streamlined look at Apple’s portable media devices and their best third-party add-ons. What’s inside?
- Over 20 Exclusive Sneak Peeks: See the first-ever video-camera equipped iPod dock, Griffin’s brand-new 2007 iTrip FM transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod dock that fits inside a chrome keychain, along with many other new cases and add-ons.
- The iPod, iPhone + Apple TV Guide: A complete guide to all of the current and past model iPods, now including pricing comparisons for major retailers, up-to-date eBay values for past iPods, and extensive tips for buying and selling iPod hardware.
- iLounge’s Best of the Year Awards: Which case is the best for your iPod or iPhone? Who made the best speakers and earphones this year? What’s the best video accessory for use with iTunes? Our Best of the Year awards honor top products, the Accessory Maker of the Year, and iLounge’s top five members, as well!
- A Brief History of iPod and Future iPods Our annually updated timeline looks back at six years of iPod history, while the Guide closes with predictions as to upcoming iPod, iPhone, and iTunes developments.
- Galleries + Contests: We announce the winners of our Holiday iPod and iPhone nano contests, and spotlight some of the best recent submissions to our iPods and iPhones Around the World photo galleries.
- The New iLounge.com: Take a first peek at our upcoming top to bottom redesign, coming soon!
As always, The 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions: one is in magazine-style two-page spread format, our preferred format for display on monitors 20” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, designed for viewing on the iPhone, iPod touch, and monitors that are smaller than 20” on the diagonal. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly.
Please tell a friend about the new Buyers’ Guide, or share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?