Download Now: Our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide
Now in its fourth year, the world’s most popular iPod and accessory buyers’ guide has arrived!
Single page, best for small monitors, portable devices (9.4 MB PDF)
Double page, best for 20” and larger monitors (7.4 MB ZIP)
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later.
Completely redesigned, the 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a streamlined look at Apple’s portable media devices and their best third-party add-ons. What’s inside?
- Over 20 Exclusive Sneak Peeks: See the first-ever video-camera equipped iPod dock, Griffin’s brand-new 2007 iTrip FM transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod dock that fits inside a chrome keychain, along with many other new cases and add-ons.
- The iPod, iPhone + Apple TV Guide: A complete guide to all of the current and past model iPods, now including pricing comparisons for major retailers, up-to-date eBay values for past iPods, and extensive tips for buying and selling iPod hardware.
- iLounge’s Best of the Year Awards: Which case is the best for your iPod or iPhone? Who made the best speakers and earphones this year? What’s the best video accessory for use with iTunes? Our Best of the Year awards honor top products, the Accessory Maker of the Year, and iLounge’s top five members, as well!
- A Brief History of iPod and Future iPods Our annually updated timeline looks back at six years of iPod history, while the Guide closes with predictions as to upcoming iPod, iPhone, and iTunes developments.
- Galleries + Contests: We announce the winners of our Holiday iPod and iPhone nano contests, and spotlight some of the best recent submissions to our iPods and iPhones Around the World photo galleries.
- The New iLounge.com: Take a first peek at our upcoming top to bottom redesign, coming soon!
As always, The 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions: one is in magazine-style two-page spread format, our preferred format for display on monitors 20” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, designed for viewing on the iPhone, iPod touch, and monitors that are smaller than 20” on the diagonal. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly.
Please tell a friend about the new Buyers’ Guide, or share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet adds power monitoring, reduces price
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple partners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Report about Apple Pay in Japan hints at Oct. 25 release for iOS 10.1
- Apple Pay adds 20+ new U.S. banks and credit unions, MBNA Canada coming ‘mid-2017’
- Misfit launches Phase smartwatch
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps