Download Now: Our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide
Now in its fourth year, the world’s most popular iPod and accessory buyers’ guide has arrived!
Single page, best for small monitors, portable devices (9.4 MB PDF)
Double page, best for 20” and larger monitors (7.4 MB ZIP)
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later.
Completely redesigned, the 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a streamlined look at Apple’s portable media devices and their best third-party add-ons. What’s inside?
- Over 20 Exclusive Sneak Peeks: See the first-ever video-camera equipped iPod dock, Griffin’s brand-new 2007 iTrip FM transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod dock that fits inside a chrome keychain, along with many other new cases and add-ons.
- The iPod, iPhone + Apple TV Guide: A complete guide to all of the current and past model iPods, now including pricing comparisons for major retailers, up-to-date eBay values for past iPods, and extensive tips for buying and selling iPod hardware.
- iLounge’s Best of the Year Awards: Which case is the best for your iPod or iPhone? Who made the best speakers and earphones this year? What’s the best video accessory for use with iTunes? Our Best of the Year awards honor top products, the Accessory Maker of the Year, and iLounge’s top five members, as well!
- A Brief History of iPod and Future iPods Our annually updated timeline looks back at six years of iPod history, while the Guide closes with predictions as to upcoming iPod, iPhone, and iTunes developments.
- Galleries + Contests: We announce the winners of our Holiday iPod and iPhone nano contests, and spotlight some of the best recent submissions to our iPods and iPhones Around the World photo galleries.
- The New iLounge.com: Take a first peek at our upcoming top to bottom redesign, coming soon!
As always, The 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions: one is in magazine-style two-page spread format, our preferred format for display on monitors 20” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, designed for viewing on the iPhone, iPod touch, and monitors that are smaller than 20” on the diagonal. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly.
Please tell a friend about the new Buyers’ Guide, or share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Apple provides more details on new Apple Music API
- Apple Music for Android adds music videos, Family Plan support
- Icahn pulls out of Apple over China concerns
- Apple launches CareKit, with four apps debuting today
- Alleged schematics for iPhone 7 ‘Pro’ show up in Japanese magazine
- Nintendo bringing Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing to iOS
- FBI will not disclose San Bernardino iPhone hack
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q2 results: $50.6B revenue, 51M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)