Download Now: Our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide | iLounge News

Download Now: Our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Site News Categories:

image

imageNow in its fourth year, the world’s most popular iPod and accessory buyers’ guide has arrived!

image
Single page, best for small monitors, portable devices (9.4 MB PDF)
Alternate Download Link

image
Double page, best for 20” and larger monitors (7.4 MB ZIP)
Alternate Download Link

Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later.

Completely redesigned, the 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a streamlined look at Apple’s portable media devices and their best third-party add-ons. What’s inside?

• Over 20 Exclusive Sneak Peeks: See the first-ever video-camera equipped iPod dock, Griffin’s brand-new 2007 iTrip FM transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod dock that fits inside a chrome keychain, along with many other new cases and add-ons.
  • The iPod, iPhone + Apple TV Guide: A complete guide to all of the current and past model iPods, now including pricing comparisons for major retailers, up-to-date eBay values for past iPods, and extensive tips for buying and selling iPod hardware.
  • iLounge’s Best of the Year Awards: Which case is the best for your iPod or iPhone? Who made the best speakers and earphones this year? What’s the best video accessory for use with iTunes? Our Best of the Year awards honor top products, the Accessory Maker of the Year, and iLounge’s top five members, as well!
  • A Brief History of iPod and Future iPods Our annually updated timeline looks back at six years of iPod history, while the Guide closes with predictions as to upcoming iPod, iPhone, and iTunes developments.
  • Galleries + Contests: We announce the winners of our Holiday iPod and iPhone nano contests, and spotlight some of the best recent submissions to our iPods and iPhones Around the World photo galleries.
  • The New iLounge.com: Take a first peek at our upcoming top to bottom redesign, coming soon!

As always, The 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions: one is in magazine-style two-page spread format, our preferred format for display on monitors 20” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, designed for viewing on the iPhone, iPod touch, and monitors that are smaller than 20” on the diagonal. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly.

Please tell a friend about the new Buyers’ Guide, or share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!

« iLounge Debuts the 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide

XtremeMac unveils SportWrap armbands for new iPod lineup »

Comments

Second Ipod product and difficulty using without it been friendly proof.  I will continue to search for easier way to use your product. “Despite this I love your lines”  All of my friends are in love with the Iphone. Please add me to your email of people with downloading. (the dummy proof version) Thank your for your services for customers like myself, we just keep upgrading. Smile
Stigmata1

Posted by Genoveva Esquivelifill on December 8, 2007 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

Disappointed there was not much car integration discussion other than a quickie on the Alpine eX-10.  A comprehensive review of car audio iPod interfaces and features is long overdue…

Posted by SA on December 9, 2007 at 6:02 PM (PDT)

We’ve covered car integration options for pre-2007 iPods in our Free iPod Book 3.3 and past Buyers’ Guides (2004-2007), but have held off on recommending most of the hardware that we have seen as we’re frankly dissatisfied with so much of it, and do not believe it to be a good use of money.

For 2007 models, car integration is a complete mess right now thanks to Apple’s decisions to lock video on the new iPods and use a slightly different standard for iPhone connectivity. Kits that previously worked now have problems in various ways, much to our chagrin, and we don’t want to recommend something requiring as much work as a professional installation when there is no guarantee that the results will satisfy users. So unfortunately, our basic recommendation is not to buy high-end car accessories until the dust clears, which we hope will happen in early 2008.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on December 10, 2007 at 10:18 AM (PDT)

going on a trip soon.  need to download my photos onto the ipod.  someone ripped off my old IPod so I bought a new 160GB classic - but Apple camera connection does not work.  how do I get images onto my new IPod without alot of hassle.

Posted by murray hitzman on December 16, 2007 at 9:48 PM (PDT)

Looking to find a new but 4th generation I POD 20 GB Non/video

Posted by dave on December 17, 2007 at 4:17 PM (PDT)

We purc the I-Dog at wall mart and lost out receipt.It came with no speaker cords,can you please send us some.Please reply asap.

Posted by Earnest Youngt on December 26, 2007 at 1:00 PM (PDT)

thx for putting this out!

Posted by ben on January 17, 2008 at 4:04 AM (PDT)

NICE SITE!!!!!!!!!

Posted by PATRICK RHODES on January 27, 2008 at 4:18 PM (PDT)

Hi,

I just got a new laptop with Windows Vista Home Edition and downloaded the most recent version of iTunes.  I started copying my CDs and accidently copied a couple twice.  How do I get rid of the duplicates? I’ve tried, sort for duplicates and right clicking but there is no Clear or Delete option on the pull-down menu also there is a Delete on the Edit window but it is not an available option when I have a song selected.  Is this a bug?

Also, what is the best way to transfer my iTunes songs from my old and soon to be retired laptop?

Not a computer guru,

C

Posted by Colleen on March 10, 2008 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

bought a new ipod. Need instructions to download free music from different websites like Utubes etc. please e-mail me all the instrucions. i synchronised few songs from cd.

Posted by rina on March 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM (PDT)

I’ve done a lot of looking, but can find nothing that shows me how to recategorize a file.  For example, I have an audiobook in my Itunes that shows up under “Music” and I can’t seem to get it go over to the “Audiobook” category where it belongs.

Same thing with some of my video podcasts.  They show up under “Movies” and I can’t get them back to “Podcasts” where they belong.

Any help is much appreciated!
JC

Posted by John on June 19, 2008 at 9:38 PM (PDT)

sir,

I want to buy new i-pod.Please sugest me different models of i-pods of different companies with concerned features and facilities as well as concerned prices.

thanks

Posted by Mayur on July 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM (PDT)

Hi

I’ve just tried to download your 2008 buyers guide, but get an error that the file can’t be found on the server.

Regards Rob

Posted by Rob Barnes on October 14, 2008 at 2:50 AM (PDT)

Rob,
Try the download links on
this page...

The links above all appear to work except for the alternate - maybe the site (mediamax.com) has stopped hosting the file.
If you care to wait the latest Buyers Guide will be published soon - the one above is last year’s

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on October 14, 2008 at 3:34 AM (PDT)