Download now: The Free iPod Book 3.0, by iLounge.com | iLounge News

Download now: The Free iPod Book 3.0, by iLounge.com

iPod Book 3

The world’s most popular iPod and iTunes tutorial has returned for its third edition, and as always, it’s free!

image
Single page, best for printing (18 MB PDF)

image
Double page, best for monitors (18 MB PDF)

To save to disk, right-click and save.

Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.

What will you find in the 230-page Free iPod Book 3.0? Here’s a quick summary:

image

• Sneak Peeks: Over 20 exclusive iPod and iPhone accessories debut, including Ultimate Ears’ top-of-the-line, quadruple-driver UE-11s, V-moda’s VIBE Duo, Belkin’s awesome new Armband and Acrylic Cases for iPhone, Marware’s SportGrip Backwinder, and much, much more.

• The All Things iPod Guide: Prepare to be amazed by your iPod all over again. As you read through the 15 sections of our latest iPod tutorial and accessories guide, you’ll find tips on customizing, buying, selling, and repairing iPods, our top accessory recommendations, and ways to create and acquire great iPod video, music, and gaming content.

• iTunes Tips and Tricks: Now with over 140 tips, our massive iTunes tutorial helps you quickly understand all the best features of Apple’s digital media management software and online iTunes Store, including up-to-the-minute information on iTunes Plus downloads, Cover Flow, and much more.

• The iPhone Index: Prepare for the release of Apple’s much-anticipated iPhone with this A-Z guide to its features, known specs, and issues.

• Love Your Apple TV: Not sure what to make of the in-home media player that some have dubbed a screenless iPod? Our quick guide to Apple TV will help you wisely go from initial connection to creating superb content, and preparing for hardware and software upgrades.

• Contests and Galleries: Want to know who won 4 iPhones and iTunes cash in our iPod Fashion Photo Contest? The winners - and top runners-up - are inside. So are some of the best submissions we’ve seen to our iPods Around The World galleries, taken from all corners of the planet.

• Apple’s Semi-Secret Store: Apple fans will drool over the Mac, iPod, and iPhone-matching gear we discovered at the country’s least-publicized Apple retail store, including an iPhone-matching iPen, a cool mug, and the exclusive T-shirt that shows just how far some people (including us) would go to pay homage to the company.

• Backstage and Closing the Curtain: See what iLounge’s editors used in the creation of the Book, and what sort of gadgets they’ve been playing with or lusting after in recent days. Also, a few pointers to Microsoft on helping to boost flagging sales of the “iPod killer” Zune.
  • All this, and much more, is available right here. For free, in PDF format, thanks to the support of 21 leading iPod accessory and software developers whose ads are clickable in the Book. Enjoy!

« Apple sneaks Convert to Apple TV into iTunes

iLounge Debuts Free iPod Book 3.0, with 14 iPhone Exclusives »

Comments

Your server is crapped out…

Posted by jason on June 1, 2007 at 2:41 PM (CDT)

We’re in the process of monitoring the servers and adding additional download links. Every time we think we’re ready for the flood of demand for one of our guides, it winds up exceeding our expectations. Thanks to everyone for reading + sharing the new Book.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on June 1, 2007 at 4:25 PM (CDT)

Well done guys, another great job making a book that is a must-read for anybody who is interested in iPods & beyond!

Posted by JeffreyM on June 1, 2007 at 8:36 PM (CDT)

awesome! I’ve just discovered this book at 3.0 edition, and it’s a great great job! thank you

Posted by terremonto on June 2, 2007 at 4:11 AM (CDT)

terremonto,
    Previous ‘books’ are still available to download if you visit the ‘library’ -

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on June 2, 2007 at 4:59 AM (CDT)

I need to know how much can be valued an ipod nano 1g 2gb black, is there the page with values in the book^? or do you have any idea?

Posted by MAtteo on June 2, 2007 at 1:06 PM (CDT)

Hi!

Here are full speed mirrors :

1. link to print version :

2. link to wide version :

Posted by Drake! on June 4, 2007 at 8:11 AM (CDT)

It says i need a password to open it :(

Posted by lifeinsepia on June 5, 2007 at 1:16 PM (CDT)

i luv music and basketball

Posted by marcus on July 18, 2007 at 8:52 PM (CDT)

I was trying to reset my ipod when I accidentally completely wiped it out.  Now, it just says to go to the support page for help.  Is there any way to recover all my songs or am I screwed?  About 80% of my music is on another computer that I don’t have anymore and I didn’t make any backups.  What can I do?  Thanks

Posted by Garrett on July 22, 2007 at 4:48 PM (CDT)

i need to know how to transfer music from my ipod to my computer without it taking forever

Posted by element_sk8er on July 22, 2007 at 7:47 PM (CDT)

I have a 60 GB photo ipod. It is giving me a very strange problem.

When I connect in to my laptop using the disk mode I am able to restore the settings and it is visible in iTunes. As soon as I boot it normally and connect to laptop the ipod hangs.

The same behavior occurs if I try and play some songs.

I have formatted it and restored in many times in the last week but of no use.

Please assist

Posted by Manish Jaiswal on July 24, 2007 at 8:03 AM (CDT)

can someone explain to me what a dead pixel is.I just noticed recently that some pixels on my ipod have weak colors.I really cnt explain it.but for example…when I tried resetting my ipod..the apple sign with the black background appears..and at lower left part of the screen.I noticed that the pixelS wERE white when it should be black because of the black background.actually its not that big a deal but it sometimes annoys me when I’m watchin movies.please help.tnx

Posted by christian on July 30, 2007 at 11:14 AM (CDT)

Very good link..

Thank yu very much for the link..
    Its very useful stuff to know what are the products available in apple….....

Posted by satheesh J on August 6, 2007 at 12:17 PM (CDT)

my ipod not downloding music of computer please guide me.
    model A1137

Posted by matiullah on August 10, 2007 at 12:59 AM (CDT)

Please enter the word you see in the image below: