Download Now: The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4
Published: Sunday, June 1, 2008
Site News Categories:
Over 20 world exclusive Sneak Peeks. Complete tutorials to all things iPod, iPhone, iTunes, and Apple TV. Beautiful reader-submitted art and photos. And big announcements from iLounge’s publisher and editors. It’s The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4—the latest edition of our multi-million-downloaded Book!
Wide (book-style) version, best for 15-inch and larger monitors (23 MB ZIP)
Single page version, best for small monitors, portable devices, and printing (23 MB ZIP)
iPhone and iPod touch version (two parts)
Every year, we publish a Book designed to answer all of our readers’ most commonly asked iPod, iPhone, iTunes, and Apple TV questions. This year, literally every page of The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4 has been redesigned from last year’s version, with brand-new pictures, information, and formatting that can be viewed on desktop, laptop, and pocket-sized computers. Here’s what’s inside.
- Over 20 Exclusive Sneak Peeks: Take world-exclusive first looks at new speakers from iHome, earphones from Etymotic and Scosche, in-car accessories from Monster Cable and Griffin Technology, and cases from some of the world’s top designers.
- All Things iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV: Split into 16 sections that cover the full lifespans of Apple’s media devices - from purchase and initial connection to use, repair, and eventual sale - this massive guide also helps users learn how to fill, customize, and accessorize these devices. With newly expanded parts on choosing earphones, finding iPhone-compatible car accessories, and creating device-optimized videos, the All Things guide also contains new direct links to the iLounge.com website for additional, personalized assistance.
- 150 iTunes Answers: Completely reorganized and updated for the latest version of Apple’s iTunes digital media software, 150 iTunes Answers now offers a full 100 pages of helpful tips and pictures. Starting with how to transfer an iPod’s or iPhone’s contents back to your computer, then including special sections on the iTunes Store, maximizing sound quality, and much more, 150 iTunes Answers now can be read from front to back or as individual tips from a master index.
- The Next-Generation iPhone and Photo Galleries: Beautiful photographs and images submitted by iLounge readers depict the past, present, and future of Apple’s iPhone family, as well as the latest globe-trotting iPods.
The Free iPod + iPhone Book 4.0 is, as the name suggests, a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for monitors 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available in separate versions for viewing on monitors that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, as well as the iPhone and iPod touch (in two parts). Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. PC users should have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later. Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch users can use Safari.
Please tell a friend about the new Book! We welcome you to share it on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below). Enjoy!
Alternate iLounge Download Links:
Double page, best for 20” and larger monitors (23 MB ZIP)
Single page, best for small monitors, portable devices (23 MB PDF)
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
- Cook talks Apple’s taxes ahead of Senate testimony
- iLuv intros Aud 5 Lightning speaker dock for iPhone 5
- Apps: Can Knockdown 3, eBay 3.0/2.3, Jungle Book + Sonic the Hedgehog 2.0
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new Mini Player
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- PhoneSuit Flex Pocket Charger
- Olloclip Quick-Flip Case + Pro-Photo Adapter for iPhone 5
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature
- Organizing video collections on an iPad