Duracell PowerFM combines FM transmitter, battery, case | iLounge News

Duracell PowerFM combines FM transmitter, battery, case

image

Battery-Biz, Inc. has introduced the Duracell PowerFM, a new iPod accessory that “combines the functionality of an FM radio transmitter with the convenience of an extended rechargeable battery as well as the protection of a silicone case.” The PowerFM features a black, sled-like design and provides more than double the iPod’s run-time and allows users to transmit their music to any FM radio. Priced at $80, the PowerFM will be available for first-generation iPod nanos and fifth-generation iPods next month. A version of the second-generation iPod nano will be available in January.

image

« RhinoSkin intros aluminum case for 2G iPod shuffle

Mix: Speck promo, Bill Gates, Ear infections, Bill O’Reilly »

Comments

I’m COMPLETELY turned off by the giant DURACELL logo across that front face.  Keep it clean please.

PASS!!

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on November 21, 2006 at 3:16 PM (CST)

Wow, I agree with LilAlienD. The only thing that could make this device worse is a huge “Abercrombie” pasted across the front.

Posted by urbanslaughter on November 21, 2006 at 4:14 PM (CST)

Where’s the copper top?

Posted by dasmegabyte on November 21, 2006 at 4:15 PM (CST)

I’d agree with the Duracell branding being entirely too much for a reusable product.

But if Duracell had made this disposable… lose the FM transmitter and the case, get the price down at or below $15… then they might be attractive to pick up at WalMart for a quick, one-time, on-the-road recharging. If it’s disposable, I could even deal with more branding.

Posted by drummrsanonymous on November 21, 2006 at 4:50 PM (CST)

I agree with all of you but I think its a good product, That branding is nothing that a little black spray paint can’t fix!

Posted by HighPriest on November 21, 2006 at 5:44 PM (CST)

I’m identifying myself up front so there’s no confusion surrounding my comments: I work in PR for the people behind this product and thank you guys for the feedback. I will be sure to bring this up to the powers that be for future lines of products.

While the branding is one thing that may be a turn off, personally, I’d have to say that this all-in-one makes it easier for me (I do a lot of car and plane travel.)

However, I don’t wear Abercrombie either, so point taken and thanks again for the feedback.

Posted by Tinsley-PR on November 21, 2006 at 7:13 PM (CST)

It’s nice, but
1. It’s horridly ugly
2. The “duracell” logo, like you guys said, shoudl go.
3. If I can’t use my canse with it, I don’t want it.

Posted by ddsd on November 21, 2006 at 9:51 PM (CST)

Now that I think about it, if I could use a case with it, namely my iSkin, then it’s be perfect for when my battery was low.

Posted by ddsd on November 21, 2006 at 9:58 PM (CST)

ouch. duracell forgot to make it appealing. it looks disposable. it should be. that’s actually a decent idea. maybe they’ll pick up on it eventually. something that’s:

disposable
affordable (for a disposable product)
simple
compatable with most cases
and not an envorimental disaster wating to happen

then i’d buy it. eeh i can dream…

Posted by Papa Hobo on November 21, 2006 at 10:57 PM (CST)

I’d get one for the car, no wires / connections and long battery life.

Not bothered about the logo, too busy driving to look at it.

Posted by John Midgley on November 22, 2006 at 3:30 AM (CST)

Some details on the “extended rechargeable battery” would be nice.  Does this run on AAA’s or does it have its own charging module (yet another thing to carry in addition to the USB cable when traveling)?  Can it be charged via USB - that would be great.

Anything that doesn’t suck up battery power like the Griffin iTrip nano is a good thing - although I’m not sure its worth the extra $30.

Posted by Dopial on November 22, 2006 at 9:04 AM (CST)

Is the upcoming Energizer model going to be silver and black? Should I shave with a Schick or a Gillette razor?

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on November 22, 2006 at 8:23 PM (CST)

very good integrated solution. I’d buy it. I don’t mind the brandname in front although they might want to use a smaller font next time.

Posted by Nikko on November 22, 2006 at 9:28 PM (CST)

I like this thing. The branding is a bit too much, but the integration of all these features is a great idea.

Posted by Laer on November 24, 2006 at 12:07 AM (CST)

get over the logo/branding.  if this item works as advertised then it’s a great product.  but, i would have liked to see a car charger included.

Posted by ds on January 13, 2007 at 10:05 PM (CST)

who cares about logo’s…the product works well…we all haqve logo’s in are homes & what we put on are backs,legs & feet…polo,nike,adidas ect…..so whats 1 more…DAH

Posted by scooterdude on January 14, 2007 at 5:45 AM (CST)

you are all the same folks have logo’s LOL

Posted by scooterdude on January 14, 2007 at 5:52 AM (CST)

Anyone use this product instead of replacing the poor original battery?

A few hours playtime is weak, even after applying Apple’s battery tips.

Posted by joejoe on November 12, 2007 at 2:53 PM (CST)