DVForge kills PodBuddy, blames DLO [updated]
“We are not going to be able to launch and sell our PodBuddy product, because of a disagreement with Netalog, Inc. D/B/A/ DLO (Digital Lifestyle Outfitters) over a patent that they hold for their TransPod iPod car holder/transmitter,” DVForge’s Jack Campbell says in a note on his company’s site. “We have been informed by DLO that they consider our PodBuddy to be an infringement of their company’s U.S. patent #6,591,085, and, that they will file suit against us, if we launch the PodBuddy.”
“We disagree with DLO’s claim, and, we believe that our PodBuddy is so utterly different from their company’s TransPod product that there can be no question of infringement,” Campbell continues. “But, we are not able to fund the sort of protracted legal battle that would be required to prove our point in court. So, we are forced to kill the PodBuddy.”
Update: DLO has provided iLounge with the following statement regarding DVForge’s claims: “Our DLO TransPod is a very popular product that people use and enjoy every day. In fact, the newly released black TransPod is one of our fastest selling products ever. This all-in-one car solution contains one of the best sounding and most convenient iPod Transmitters in the world and eliminates the need for any additional wires or chargers.”
“Available in Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, Target and most other iPod accessory outlets, the DLO TransPod is a very relevant product and worthy of defending its Intellectual Property as recognized by the United States Patent & Trademark Office. We have and will continue to defend our awarded patent to the fullest extent of the law. The DLO TransPod and its future iterations will continue to be extraordinarily important to DLO and iPod owners everywhere.”
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?