DVForge kills PodBuddy, blames DLO [updated]
“We are not going to be able to launch and sell our PodBuddy product, because of a disagreement with Netalog, Inc. D/B/A/ DLO (Digital Lifestyle Outfitters) over a patent that they hold for their TransPod iPod car holder/transmitter,” DVForge’s Jack Campbell says in a note on his company’s site. “We have been informed by DLO that they consider our PodBuddy to be an infringement of their company’s U.S. patent #6,591,085, and, that they will file suit against us, if we launch the PodBuddy.”
“We disagree with DLO’s claim, and, we believe that our PodBuddy is so utterly different from their company’s TransPod product that there can be no question of infringement,” Campbell continues. “But, we are not able to fund the sort of protracted legal battle that would be required to prove our point in court. So, we are forced to kill the PodBuddy.”
Update: DLO has provided iLounge with the following statement regarding DVForge’s claims: “Our DLO TransPod is a very popular product that people use and enjoy every day. In fact, the newly released black TransPod is one of our fastest selling products ever. This all-in-one car solution contains one of the best sounding and most convenient iPod Transmitters in the world and eliminates the need for any additional wires or chargers.”
“Available in Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, Target and most other iPod accessory outlets, the DLO TransPod is a very relevant product and worthy of defending its Intellectual Property as recognized by the United States Patent & Trademark Office. We have and will continue to defend our awarded patent to the fullest extent of the law. The DLO TransPod and its future iterations will continue to be extraordinarily important to DLO and iPod owners everywhere.”
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?